View Full Version : PortaMail 2002

CTSLICK
05-28-2003, 07:01 PM
Looking for feedback on this software. This is the first new alternative I have seen for synching with GroupWise but I am always a little leery of unknown software.

http://www.quartzdevelopment.com/portamail2002.html

Our company uses GroupWise 6.x and up to this point my sync solutions have been Intellisync or using Outlook as a client for GroupWise. Intellisync has been very unstable for me and Outlook's abillity to interface with a GroupWise backend also leaves something to be desired.

TIA

wu-wei
05-29-2003, 06:27 PM
I've not found a reliable solution for syncing with GroupWise, either. I tried PortaMail 2002 when I thought it was free. I was never able to sync my contacts, and synced tasks were always flaky on my PPC because overdue tasks (hey, I'm busy ;) ) would cause problems (due date was before start date on all of them, I would have had to manually edit each one).

I found the calendar syncing was decent, and transferred alarms, too. I didn't even bother with the Inbox features, since I don't care to read email on the go.

I maintain that it is not proper to advertise a product as freeware when it is, in fact, a demo of a commercial product. I hope Quartz has amended their posts on PocketGear.