View Full Version : Smartphone Arrives in Sweden

Andy Sjostrom
05-28-2003, 08:11 AM
<a href="http://han16ns.telia.se/telia/thk/thkpre70.nsf/vNyhetEfocusEng/4A5AA362ED4C386D41256D32005FC39D">http://han16ns.telia.se/telia/thk/thkpre70.nsf/vNyhetEfocusEng/4A5AA362ED4C386D41256D32005FC39D</a><br /><br />Teliasonera, the largest telecommunications company and mobile network operator in the Nordic region, announced a couple of days ago a Microsoft software and Smartphone based offer. The Smartphone 2002 (HTC Tanager) is called Qtek 7070 and Teliasonera offers wireless Microsoft Exchange connectivity to its customers.<br /><br />It was interesting to note that Teliasonera reported that they have had the phone and services in live testing during the last three months and that 97% of the customers report that the Smartphone 2002 and the combined services would "be a strong asset in their business. E-mail, calendar and contacts are the most sought-after functions". According to the Teliasonera spokesman, the test group generated 5 MB of data traffic per person and month and this amount of data will be priced at approximately $9 per month. The phone will be available in June and will cost $249 with a 24 month subscription.

WillyG
05-28-2003, 09:13 AM
Things go slowly in Sweeden these days. In Norway we have had it quite a while. :wink:
Seriously, come over Andy, have a :beer: , and let me have a look.

Andy Sjostrom
05-28-2003, 07:17 PM
Things go slowly in Sweeden these days. In Norway we have had it quite a while. :wink:
Seriously, come over Andy, have a :beer: , and let me have a look.

With that song in the Eurovision Song Contest, I can't believe your'e talking about "slow"! :lol:

Kidding. Our family gave it 12 points! Congrats!

PlayAgain?
06-01-2003, 01:32 AM
At least they were in tune! The UK entry made the nation blush!

As for the Smartphone, all I can say is good luck to the Swedes. I'm actually using an Orange SPV at the moment, and to think that it has a faster processor and miles more memory than my 7650, it's diabolically slow (and that's with the latest firmware release from Orange), unreliable data connections and things I took for granted on my Symbian phone require third party software (some of which hasn't been written yet - and who knows if anyone will bother) on my SPV. :( What's going on!? Is there any chance of a proper Messaging application!? :evil:

Anyway, I do like the multimedia, that's pretty cool. :) But it's certainly not anywhere near being a replacement for my 7650!