View Full Version : Does anyone know how to...?

Unreal32
05-28-2003, 12:21 AM
OK, how many people are like me and are frustrated with the PocketPC's defaults for Snooze options? (5 minutes, 10, 15, 30, 1 hour, 2 hours, 8 hours, 1 day, and 1 week) It's INCREDIBLY annoying to want to snooze an alarm for 12 hours and not be able to do it. For example, it's 7:20pm eastern time right now. I want to snooze an alarm that just went off until 7:20 TOMORROW morning. Apparently, the only way to do this is to have the $&%#* alarm go off in 2 hours, then again in 2 more, and then snooze it for an additional 8. Another situation that's annoying: A work alarm I have snoozed goes off at 9am on Friday. I want it to go off at 9am on Monday. With the PPC, apparently it's "no can do." My only option is to snooze for 1 day at a time and have it go off twice more over the weekend. What a pain in the arse!

Does anyone know how to do this? I'm thinking it's got to be a relatively easy thing to manage, either through an add-on like PI or AF, or via the registry. Outlook for the desktop is so nice because you can snooze for additional times of 4 hours, 12 hours, 2 days, 3 days, etc.

Does anyone have a workaround, fix, or suggestion for this? Is there a program out there that does this? If not, would one of you able-bodied programmers please write a fix for this??? I think it's a huge failing of the PPC. Anyone else agree? (Or disagree?)

Unreal

Lotto
05-28-2003, 03:27 AM
I agree! I constantly want to snooze for 2-3 days, as I like to be reminded of something coming up a week ahead, then again the day before. It's got to the point many times I don't check my reminders because I 'think' I know what it is, and of course sometimes I don't, and miss something I really wanted forewarned about. :?

William Yeung
05-28-2003, 03:32 AM
I think if MS can make it similar to Outlook XP: Snooze all, and have the combo box have the value allow user to input as well, then everything will work fine... hope PPC 2003?

Pony99CA
05-28-2003, 09:13 AM
OK, how many people are like me and are frustrated with the PocketPC's defaults for Snooze options? (5 minutes, 10, 15, 30, 1 hour, 2 hours, 8 hours, 1 day, and 1 week) It's INCREDIBLY annoying to want to snooze an alarm for 12 hours and not be able to do it. For example, it's 7:20pm eastern time right now. I want to snooze an alarm that just went off until 7:20 TOMORROW morning. Apparently, the only way to do this is to have the $&%#* alarm go off in 2 hours, then again in 2 more, and then snooze it for an additional 8. Another situation that's annoying: A work alarm I have snoozed goes off at 9am on Friday. I want it to go off at 9am on Monday. With the PPC, apparently it's "no can do." My only option is to snooze for 1 day at a time and have it go off twice more over the weekend. What a pain in the arse!
That has always annoyed me, too. I think it was better in the Handheld PC, but I'm not sure any more. They should at least add 45 minutes, 4 hours, 6 hours, 12 hours, 2 days and 3 days.

Even better would be an entry field for a number and a drop-down list of time units. Then you could type in how long you wanted to wait in minutes, hours, days or weeks. The entry field could be a combo-box that allowed commonly used values for the selected unit (for example, 1/5/10/15/20/30/45/60/90 for minutes, 1/2/4/6/8/10/12/24 for hours, 1/2/3/4/5/6/7 for days, etc.).

Steve

cyclist
05-28-2003, 01:21 PM
OK, how many people are like me and are frustrated with the PocketPC's defaults for Snooze options? (5 minutes, 10, 15, 30, 1 hour, 2 hours, 8 hours, 1 day, and 1 week) It's INCREDIBLY annoying to want to snooze an alarm for 12 hours and not be able to do it.

Does anyone have a workaround, fix, or suggestion for this? Is there a program out there that does this? If not, would one of you able-bodied programmers please write a fix for this??? I think it's a huge failing of the PPC. Anyone else agree? (Or disagree?)

Unreal

Add me to the frustrated list. The default alarm time for reminders is 8am, which is no use at all - I'm grumpily nursing my second cup of coffee and waiting for a gap in the rain to dash to work just then, and don't want to do anything. Most of my tasks are personal, so I want to snooze them till I get home in the evening, but all I can do is choose 8 hours till 4pm, then 2 hours at a time. If there has to be just a fixed list, then I want something between 2 and 8 hours, as well as the 12 hour option.

The alarm time/lack of snooze options was one of the reasons I bought Agenda Fusion. It has fully customisable alarm times, so the things can be set to go off at the right time in the first place. AF snooze options are a fixed list, but combined with starting at the right time they seem to fit what I need better. The list is 5, 10,15,30 or 45 minutes, 1, 1.5,2 or 3 hours, or Tomorrow 6, 7, 8 or 9am or noon. Still not ideal.

Unreal32
05-28-2003, 01:49 PM
It sure would be nice if some enterprising young coder or developer would take this project under their wing and produce a tweak for this! Or maybe a company like SPB?

Someone please create this! We'd buy it! ;)

aero
01-09-2004, 04:31 PM
Any news on this? I am hoping someone has found an add-on software program; I have the same problem as those who posted above - thanks!!!

bilbo1969
01-25-2004, 06:27 PM
How about an... oh I don't know... area you could INPUT THE TIME YOU WANT TO SNOOZE. We have at LEAST two different ways of putting numbers and letters into our PPC's, couldn't they let US decide exactly how long we want to snooze?

Sorry for all the yelling. I just woke up at 1am, 3am, 6am and 9am because Microsoft also designed my alarm clock.