View Full Version : I am New, From Brasil..... ( some questions..)

dan.reis
05-27-2003, 05:54 PM
Hello!
How are you all?
Hereīs the deal..
I want some info from Pocket PC, and I am thinking of buying one for me..
Can you please tell me, why I must buy a Pocket PC instead of a Palm Top?
Please!

And I would like to know if the sales are going well and all about the macro economy around the pocketīs PC market.

Thank you!

;)

davidspalding
05-27-2003, 07:16 PM
Please search the boards (http://www.pocketpcthoughts.com/forums/search.php) for similar threads. This question gets asked so many times it's not even amusing.....

Reinaldo
05-27-2003, 07:17 PM
Hey! Welcome to the wonderful world of Pocket PCs!

Let's start:

By Palm Top, I am assuming you mean a Palm. The reasons that I picked a Pocket PC instead of a Palm is that the Pocket PC has more expandability meaning that you can do all kinds of things in these little devices that Palm either can't do or doesn't do very well. (I bet I'll get flamed if there are any Palm users reading this :lol: )

The Pocket PC economy couldn't be better. Pocket PCs are a rising plataform which has become very popular as of late, making Palm fall on its revenue. :mrgreen: And they are cool too! Thousands of applications have been made for Pocket PCs, which you can find at www.handango.com .

If you are interested in a device, you should take a look at the Dell Axims and the iPAQ 1910 for starters.

Good luck!

dan.reis
05-27-2003, 07:47 PM
Thank You David,

And

Thank You Reinaldo!
Very Much!
:lol:

Dan

Hey! Welcome to the wonderful world of Pocket PCs!

Let's start:

By Palm Top, I am assuming you mean a Palm. The reasons that I picked a Pocket PC instead of a Palm is that the Pocket PC has more expandability meaning that you can do all kinds of things in these little devices that Palm either can't do or doesn't do very well. (I bet I'll get flamed if there are any Palm users reading this :lol: )

The Pocket PC economy couldn't be better. Pocket PCs are a rising plataform which has become very popular as of late, making Palm fall on its revenue. :mrgreen: And they are cool too! Thousands of applications have been made for Pocket PCs, which you can find at www.handango.com .

If you are interested in a device, you should take a look at the Dell Axims and the iPAQ 1910 for starters.

Good luck!

Thinkingmandavid
05-28-2003, 02:11 PM
I agree, the ppc is really getting to be bigger and gaining a lot of market share from palm. I think they have nicer screens, better for expandability, and since you are already familiar with windows, this makes it that much easier to use.
The dell is ok but to fat. the 1910 is nice looking and thin, mmmmmif you can get the toshiba that would be cool, because it has both kinds of memory slots to use.
Anyway, decide after you try them out, it is the best way to make your choice, after you have used them, then you can decide what works best for you.
Enjoy the boards!:)

dan.reis
05-28-2003, 03:05 PM
Hey
Thank you for your comment!
It breally helped me!

I would like to know more opinions..
Why anybody else try it?
Itīs very important for me..
:D

See ya!

Dan

maximus
05-29-2003, 02:19 AM
Uh. what applications are you going to use the handheld for ? if you are familiar with windows, PPC will fit you better. if you want something that runs on proprietary OS, then palm is for you. Your choice. It is all depends on what you are looking forward to do with the handheld.

If you decide to go with palm, sorry, cant help you further.

If you decide to go with pocket PC, you have to decide what are the functionalities that you want.

If you want integrated wifi+bluetooth, then it is ipaq 54xx for you.
If you want integrated bluetooth only, toshiba e750 is a nice bet. I personally dont like toshiba's square-ish shape.
If you want to use GPRS of CF cards, I would suggest toshiba and dell axim. with ipaq you have to spend some bucks purchasing the additional CF sleeve.

But if you want battery power, which translates to flexibilities in carrying around your PPC, dell axim is definitely the answer. 3400 mAH battery pack is simply awesome.

And my friend, I strongly suggest you to stay clear of fujitsu's pocketloox. They are nothing but headache.

PetiteFlower
05-29-2003, 06:37 AM
The e750 has built in wifi as well. Personally I think it's the ultimate device if you have unlimited budget :)

Thinkingmandavid
05-30-2003, 01:02 AM
Getting a ppc with both secure digital and compact flash would be the best choice. YOu will have more room to "grow" in. I figure that if you dont need it now you may need it sometime later. So when you need it you have it.
It is true, what are you planning on actually using it for? REMEMBER....everyone has had a good experience and a bad experience, or there are people for both sides. So while one says, "dont buy this or that," there is someone else saying the opposite, "buy this or that." So buy the one you want most of all. REMEMBER.....play with them, test them, use it at the store or a friends over and over again, until you are sure what you want:)