View Full Version : Disable WMP Touch screen to pause feature

hkpocketpc
05-27-2003, 08:47 AM
Dear Friends,

In windows media player, if you touch the screen, it will pause your current playing. If you touch the screen again, it will continue your playing.

Could I disable this feature? :?:

Dave Beauvais
05-27-2003, 08:38 PM
To my knowledge, the only way to disable this is to toggle the screen off by mapping a hardware button to the "Screen Toggle" function. With the screen off, no taps are detected.

--Dave

davidspalding
05-28-2003, 02:51 AM
try a diff' skin. The Play/Pause action is determined (usually) by WHERE you've tapped the screen.

I use WMP 7.1, so maybe WMP 8.x for PPC2K is different?

spursdude
05-28-2003, 03:31 AM
try a diff' skin. The Play/Pause action is determined (usually) by WHERE you've tapped the screen.

I use WMP 7.1, so maybe WMP 8.x for PPC2K is different?
Well, if you have a skin with a video screen in it, i.e. a place to show the movies non-full-screen, then tapping on that video window will pause the music. And often that video window is very large, providing an excellent "target" for accidental tapping.

hkpocketpc
05-28-2003, 04:36 AM
Hi Dave,

I have try "Screen Toggle" before. When I turn-off the screen, WMP still detect my tapping and pause my "playing".
To my knowledge, the only way to disable this is to toggle the screen off by mapping a hardware button to the "Screen Toggle" function. With the screen off, no taps are detected.

--Dave

hkpocketpc
05-28-2003, 04:39 AM
I agree with Spursdude. So should we use a "Blank" background in order to avoid this "feature".

If we use a "Blank" background, would that affect the "button" setting?

Well, if you have a skin with a video screen in it, i.e. a place to show the movies non-full-screen, then tapping on that video window will pause the music. And often that video window is very large, providing an excellent "target" for accidental tapping.

Dave Beauvais
05-28-2003, 04:45 AM
I have try "Screen Toggle" before. When I turn-off the screen, WMP still detect my tapping and pause my "playing".
Hmm... it works for me. With the screen off, the only things that work are other buttons that I've mapped. I'm using an iPAQ h5455 which includes Media Player v8.5, but this also worked in v8.0. Not sure what to tell ya.

--Dave