View Full Version : Screen not responding

Job
05-27-2003, 03:51 AM
Don't castigate me for not using the search feature -- I tried and couldn't find anything.

Has anyone else had trouble with the X5s screen not responding? I think there is something trapped in the bottom right hand corner, but I can't seem to fish it out. This is probably a general problem, not Axim related, but I am out of solutions. Any help?

Pony99CA
05-27-2003, 08:20 AM
Has anyone else had trouble with the X5s screen not responding? I think there is something trapped in the bottom right hand corner, but I can't seem to fish it out. This is probably a general problem, not Axim related, but I am out of solutions. Any help?
If there really is a modal dialog window off-screen, try using the SIP keyboard and pressing Ctrl+Q. That may close the window.

Another alternative would be to try the Space bar, and, if it didn't close, hit Tab then Space again. Try it a few times and you might get lucky.

Steve

PetiteFlower
05-27-2003, 02:34 PM
I think he means something physically trapped.

That happened to me once when I had my screen protector installed wrong and it was holding the touch screen down in one corner. If you can't get it out, call tech support and get them to send you a new one, that's what the warantee is for!

slothdog
05-30-2003, 06:11 PM
You're not alone....

http://aximsite.com/boards/showthread.php?s=&threadid=12162

Job
06-01-2003, 08:36 PM
Thanks for the link. I have the exact same problem.

ppcvidz.com
06-05-2003, 10:14 PM
Mines doing the same thing!

Job
06-09-2003, 05:50 AM
Ok, for anyone who is interested, I called Dell, haggled with an Indian dude for half an hour, patiently explained that yes, after a soft reset I still had the problem; yes, after a hard reset I still had the problem; no, it has nothing to do with the screen cover. Finally, he said the new Axim would be there in a few days. Tah dah, 3 days later, here it is -- beautiful.

On a side note, the only trouble I had with the whole process (I have yet to send the old one back) was not realizing the new one came without the small backup battery and charging endlessly trying to figure out the problem. A small word of warning to anyone sending their old one back -- remove all parts you need! Cards. Batteries. Etc.

(Nothing against Indians, the guy was very helpful, but I do wish Dell wouldn't outsoure to non-native English speakers.)

maximus
06-09-2003, 07:07 AM
(Nothing against Indians, the guy was very helpful, but I do wish Dell wouldn't outsoure to non-native English speakers.)

That will be a direct violation of the Equal Opportunity Employment Act, wouldn't it ?

LUIS
06-12-2003, 12:12 AM
Don't castigate me for not using the search feature -- I tried and couldn't find anything.

hey there.

I just post somethig close to that problem, screen keep frozing up
for a week now. hard reset is not working.[/quote]

PetiteFlower
06-12-2003, 05:47 AM

That will be a direct violation of the Equal Opportunity Employment Act, wouldn't it ?

Um, no, choosing not to house a call center in India would not violate anything. It's not that they hire all Indian Americans/immigrants, it's that the office is actually IN India. If their call centers were all here, then it wouldn't be a problem if some of the people they hired were non-native; it's that they are ALL non native and if you call back you'll just get another person who doesn't understand you any better then the last.

If you call during the day though I think you're a little more likely to get connected to a call center in the States. I think they outsource all their night/weekend calls to India.