View Full Version : Trouble with Jornada 568 + Linksys WCF12

Osk
05-26-2003, 06:12 AM
Howdy

A little less than a year ago, I decided I would change my old Palm IIIx and get a Jornada 568. Pretty good computer, I might add. I then found out about its nice CF slot and decided to buy a wireless CF card, I was a newbie in wireless networking, so I turned over to google, and they gave me Linksys. So I bought their Access Point and a WCF12, besides, they have public wireless access in my university, so I thought I could use it over there too.

Now, I started using the card, and it was really good. However, about a month after I got it, it started failing. This card has this "Link" led in it, and it's supposed to light up whenever you plug it in. However, I once plugged it in and the led didn't lit up and the PDA told me that it hadn't recognized the card. Then I replugged it in and it worked.. But after that, it started failing more and more until it didn't recognize it at all. That was about 3 months ago. So I sent the card back on warranty.

Before I got it back, I let the PDA fall on the floor and the screen cracked. (It's being repaired right now), but a project required me to have the Jornada, so I had to buy a new one. (The first one I bought in Korea, this one I bought in Colombia), After I got the new card from Linksys, it worked perfectly for a few days, and then it started doing the same thing. Thing is that I have no wireless card right now and I don't know if it's something I'm doing wrong, or a compatibility problem...

When I plug the card in, the PDA tells me that it doesn't recognize the card, and the Linksys software in the PDA hangs.

I need some advice here, I don't know if I should take it back for warranty (specially because I never kept the box or the manuals). Have you ever heard any other problems with this combination?

Thanks

Osk