View Full Version : 2 q's

udo
05-24-2003, 03:52 PM
Hello,

What code can I use to turn off the screen of an iPAQ?
(how much energy would that save?)

I am interested in how my Nokia phone and the iPAQ communciate over BlueTooth. Aim is to write a small app that can receive e.g. a number or name I can send with my phone.
Where could I find example programs?

Kind regard,
Udo

dcharles18
05-25-2003, 05:13 AM
First, to turn off the backlight on your screen simply hold in the power button. If you are thinking of turning it off completely (the only time I could think while you would want a PDA powered on without the screen is while listening to music) you can map a button to do so within WMP. Yes, it does save the battery while listening to music.

Second, it sounds like you are talking about sharing contacts between your phone and your PPC, yes? If so, read your phone's manual, it should have the ability to sync with your PPC over either bluetooth or IR.

udo
05-25-2003, 03:17 PM
Hello,

First, to turn off the backlight on your screen simply hold in the power button. If you are thinking of turning it off completely (the only time I could think while you would want a PDA powered on without the screen is while listening to music) you can map a button to do so within WMP. Yes, it does save the battery while listening to music.

Second, it sounds like you are talking about sharing contacts between your phone and your PPC, yes? If so, read your phone's manual, it should have the ability to sync with your PPC over either bluetooth or IR.

I am not using WMP and would like the screen off situation in an own application.

For the BT data exchange: It's also the goal to write my own (small!) application that accepts connections only from my phone and reacts to the data received.
So no 'sync-like' situation, just using the phone as a transmission device.
Any ideas?

Udo

oe1kenobi
05-25-2003, 10:24 PM
1. Turn Off the Display While Running Applications (http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp?url=/library/en-us/dnppc2k/html/ppc_layoff.asp)

2. Don't know.

-Richard L. Owens

udo
05-27-2003, 04:12 PM
1. Turn Off the Display While Running Applications (http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp?url=/library/en-us/dnppc2k/html/ppc_layoff.asp)

Thanks a lot!

Udo