View Full Version : Increasing Alarm Hell

darrylb
05-22-2003, 12:56 AM
Anyone know how to turn off (or can find a setting to turn off) the increasing alarm function in PocketInformant 4.01?

I have had a look at the settings, but cant find it anywhere, I also had a quick look on the PI website to no avail.

Anyone else had this issue?

CTSLICK
05-22-2003, 01:01 AM
Anyone know how to turn off (or can find a setting to turn off) the increasing alarm function in PocketInformant 4.01?

I have had a look at the settings, but cant find it anywhere, I also had a quick look on the PI website to no avail.

Anyone else had this issue?

I don't think there is a way to disable it but it does have its own volume control (Hammer Icon-Options-Notes) If you turn it all the way down that should do the trick. Of course this won't help if you still want to hear the alarm and just don't want the increasing alarm feature

darrylb
05-22-2003, 01:02 AM
I'll give it a go.

Thanks

darrylb
05-22-2003, 01:05 AM
Does this adjust the volume for calendar items and tasks or just notes?

CTSLICK
05-22-2003, 01:08 AM
Does this adjust the volume for calendar items and tasks or just notes?

I was just checking that out...it looks like its just for the PI Notes, my calendar/task alarms seem to be based on the volume setting for my device.

darrylb
05-22-2003, 01:11 AM
My system volume (which I keep low) seems to have no effect. :evil:

CTSLICK
05-22-2003, 01:54 AM
Wait a minute...I'm confused. Are you saying that all of your alarms increase in volume when they go off or was it just that your alarm notes are louder that you calendar and task alarms.

You may want to take your question here:

http://www.pocketinformant.com/Forums/

PI has a strong community of folks who can help you out.

darrylb
05-22-2003, 02:05 AM
The problem is specifically with appointments. I dont normally use the alarm functions on the notes.

I'll check out the forums tho....