View Full Version : 5450 Screen Cracked - who can repair?

lepton
05-21-2003, 08:47 PM
Like a moron, I put my 5450 in my pocket along with a golf ball while on the course recently, sat down, and crack! Broke the glass on the screen - but ONLY the glass, everything seems fine. LCD seems okay.

How can I get the unit reqaired? I contacted HP via e-mail, no reply. I can't find a phone number for iPaq support ANYWHERE. Does HP repair iPAQ's? How do I get a hold of them to find out pricing, where to send the unit, etc...?

I also contacted ipaqrepair.com - who actually answered my e-mail promptly, but they don't have touchscreen parts for the 5450 yet.

Am I screwed? Thanks in advance for any pointers!

John

Johan
05-21-2003, 09:53 PM
http://www.pocketpctechs.com/i5400rep.asp

Worth checking with them I guess.

Chris Spera
05-22-2003, 01:23 AM
Leonard at Pocket PC Techs can do this, no problem.

He has A LOT of experience in this area, and could probably fix the sewing machine used to make Stuart Little's underwear... but, I digress. :silly:

The price for this is kinda high at $249US; but there is a saving grace item here...

If you truly have ONLY cracked the glass and the ENTIRE touch screen is undamaged, then it may not be that expensive. Leonard will have to assess the condition of the unit when it arrives.

Personally, I would plan on spending that much at least. I have luck that runs that far south, so I know from experience... :lol:

Hope this helps. Keep us posted on your results!

Kind Regards,

Christopher Spera