View Full Version : considering a screen protector

shizznit
05-21-2003, 12:30 AM
Hi, just wanted to let you all know, i was considering getting a screen protector for my axim.I have had it for just over 3 weeks now and started noticing very slight scuff marks on it from the stylus, so i went ahead and ordered a brando protector. It was ordered last thursday and i received it today, tuesday that's pretty quick coming from hong kong(I live in Vancouver, Canada) and all.Anyway i put it on no problems and am very happy with it, it covers the whole screen, and image quality is just as good, if not better. If your thinking of getting one i would recommend the brando, as i am very happy with it, you don't even know it's there and you don't have to worry about your screen getting all scratched up. Do yourself a favour and get one, the service from these guy's was very fast, there not expensive considering, and the quality is great.

TorchRedStang
05-21-2003, 01:37 AM
Where did you get yours? (website) I just got my Axim and was suprised to notice a few minor scratches.. I never had a screen protector on my Clie and there were no scratches on it so I was very suprised that the Axim screen got scratched so easy

shizznit
05-21-2003, 03:09 AM
Roger that, i got it on there website http://shop.brando.com.hk/
received it in no time.usd $12.00 including shipping for one screen protector.

jimski
05-21-2003, 06:41 AM
Where did you get yours? (website) I just got my Axim and was suprised to notice a few minor scratches.. I never had a screen protector on my Clie and there were no scratches on it so I was very suprised that the Axim screen got scratched so easy

Maybe you are just using your Axim more than you ever used your Clie. Just a theory.

prismejon
05-21-2003, 06:45 AM
I ordered mine last wednesday and got it on monday!
That's really fast for a $3 shipping fee from Hong Kong to Norway!

PetiteFlower
05-21-2003, 07:11 AM
I love my Write Shields from Pocket PC Techs. I believe I ordered it on a monday NIGHT and they arrived on Wed. They are a bit pricey but worth it. The texture of my screen is so much better with the shields on, it gives much better feedback when writing. I have to keep the screen about a notch higher on brightness then I used to, but after a minute I got used to the difference and the screen still looks great.

You may not have noticed scratches on your clie also because it's monchrome and the screen is so much darker in general, you just might not have been able to SEE the scratches!

prismejon
05-21-2003, 07:19 AM
I originally wanted to buy Write Shields, had heard so much good about them, but they didn't offer any reasonable shipping to Europe..

While the protectors are $30, the cheapest international shipping they offer is an additional $60.59 (UPS WorldWide Expedited (sm) )!!

Johan
05-21-2003, 11:46 AM
I originally wanted to buy Write Shields, had heard so much good about them, but they didn't offer any reasonable shipping to Europe..

While the protectors are $30, the cheapest international shipping they offer is an additional $60.59 (UPS WorldWide Expedited (sm) )!!

You can buy them in Sweden.....

http://www.handit.se/Produkter/writeshield.asp

prismejon
05-21-2003, 02:42 PM
You can buy them in Sweden.....

http://www.handit.se/Produkter/writeshield.asp

I know, but I would have to ship them to Norway. And since they probably are more expensive in Sweden than in the USA the customs limit would be exceded -> $20+24% extra... Damn they haven't raised the limit since 1970.

prismejon
05-21-2003, 03:58 PM
Ok I noticed a very little piece of hair under my screen protector and I want to remove it. How the h*** am I supposed to get screen protector off?