View Full Version : Adobe Reader speed (or lack thereof!)

jensenjb
05-20-2003, 07:19 PM
I have the pdf writer at work and have converted a number of documents to pdf for later viewing on my Dell Axim 400mhz. However, I find the experience of looking at documents with the pocketpc version of adobe to be like having my nosehair plucked! :evil: It always starts up in a zoomed out mode so I cannot read the document and zooming in is an exercise in watching the colored pie spin and spin. I've used the "reflow" feature but scrolling around the text reminds me of my old 300 baud modem.

I've started playing with repligo but since I already have the adobe writer software at work, I hate to drop another $30 for software (that could be used for a large SD card!).

Is anyone else frustrated by the adobe reader performance as well?

James Fee
05-20-2003, 07:43 PM
Its just like every Adobe product, S L O W... 8O

Janak Parekh
05-20-2003, 10:00 PM
Yep, and that's why we moved to RepliGo. I wasn't going to buy it, but I made the mistake of trying it, and I couldn't go back. ;)

--janak

darrylb
05-21-2003, 09:16 PM
Yep, and that's why we moved to RepliGo. I wasn't going to buy it, but I made the mistake of trying it, and I couldn't go back. ;)

Hear, hear, - with Adobe writer, you probably have a requirement to save files in PDF format for work anyway. And certainly the limitation of Repligo is the lack of desktop reader - so I suggest (like the others) that you try repligo on the PPC and use Acrobat on the PC.

It really is worth the money..... :wink:

davef
05-22-2003, 04:24 PM

Hear, hear, - with Adobe writer, you probably have a requirement to save files in PDF format for work anyway. And certainly the limitation of Repligo is the lack of desktop reader - so I suggest (like the others) that you try repligo on the PPC and use Acrobat on the PC.

It really is worth the money..... :wink:
We are working on a desktop version of RepliGo Viewer right now. Expect something next month.

darrylb
05-22-2003, 10:03 PM
We are working on a desktop version of RepliGo Viewer right now. Expect something next month.

Woohoo!! :D

Busdriver
05-22-2003, 10:55 PM
How much faster is RepliGo?

Perhaps I should try it.

Ed Hansberry
05-23-2003, 12:42 AM
How much faster is RepliGo?

Perhaps I should try it.
Repligo is to Adobe as a Porsche GT3 is to a Chevy Chevette, with no air in the tires. Or spark plugs. In a hole.

jensenjb
05-23-2003, 04:05 AM
If you are currently using the Adobe viewer, you have a real treat coming with Repligo. However, don't try it if you aren't willing to shell out the $30 - you will become instantly unhappy with your Adobe viewer.

Since I convinced my wife that the expense of the pocket pc ended with the $300 for my Dell Axim, I need to do some creative thinking to explain the software I've purchased lately. :roll:

darrylb
05-23-2003, 04:09 AM
If you are currently using the Adobe viewer, you have a real treat coming with Repligo. However, don't try it if you aren't willing to shell out the $30 - you will become instantly unhappy with your Adobe viewer.

I take it then that you tried it and liked it?