View Full Version : Issues AFTER installing Bust'em patch for the iPaq 5450

ralliart12
05-19-2003, 12:32 PM
Hi all, I'd downloaded the patch issued by Digital Concept to fix an issue with the game 'Bust'em' & the HP iPaq 5450. The name of this download is called 'Bustem-OEM-ARM-Patch-v121.zip'.

After I'd downloaded the zip file & extracted the zip file onto my desktop PC, I'd obtained 'Bustem-OEM-ARM-Patch-v121.exe'. Thinking that it'll simply be a replacement for the existing 'Bustem.exe' file on my PPC side, I activated ActiveSync & replaced that existing exe file with this newer exe file.

Then, when I navigate to 'Programs' > 'Games' to launch 'Bust'em', the application can't be launched!!

After which, the logical thing I did was to revert back to the previous version of Bustem.exe. After that, I proceeded to launched the game again, everything was alright, but apparently the issue wasn't fixed(logically) as the game still hangs.

What's worse!? Now there is this 'icons' thing in my 'Games' panel! I can't really tell whether it is a file or a folder. It looks like a folder icon but with a small 'solitaire' symbol embossed on this folder icon. IS it same for me to delete this 'icon' file/folder? What causes it appear in the 1st place?

Mark R Penn
05-19-2003, 01:06 PM
How many patches do you know that require you to manually replace one .exe with another .exe, especially if the file name is different (making it impossible for any existing shortcuts to work)?

Just run the 'Bustem-OEM-ARM-Patch-v121.exe' on your desktop to instal in the same way as you would most other PPC software.

Don't know re the icon.

ralliart12
05-19-2003, 04:22 PM
How many patches do you know that require you to manually replace one .exe with another .exe...

Hey, I'm new to this PPC world okie? So cut me some slack.

Mark R Penn
05-20-2003, 06:25 PM
Fair enough, but I meant on any OS! And with 61 posts (more than me) on topics from ROM updates to installing software, I figured you were not a complete newbie :wink:

I must admit though that Digital Concepts site is pretty lite on help with this, and no readme.

Sorry if I offended you. I hope it's working OK for you now.

Mark

Certified Optimist
05-22-2003, 07:32 AM
Also, when you update there is usually a set of instructions saying what you should do.

Most patches do the upgrade automatically for you, and only some requires manually replacing the files.

ralliart12
05-22-2003, 02:22 PM
Also, when you update there is usually a set of instructions saying what you should do.

Well, then u better chk this patch out...it wasn't even announced on Digital Concepts' website...much less come with any instructions at all...

Most patches do the upgrade automatically for you, and only some requires manually replacing the files.

Like I said, I didn't know.