View Full Version : Help! - My system settings icons keep disappearing!

nclwireless
05-18-2003, 06:37 PM
Hi,

My Ipaq 3970 is behaving a bit strangely......after a time, the only icons that are shown in the Settings > System panel are:

About
Clock
Memory
Regional Settings
Remove Programs
Screen

Obviously, one or two are missing....like the quite important 'Power' for one! A soft reset solves the problem, and they all come back.

Any ideas?

Pony99CA
05-19-2003, 01:27 AM
My Ipaq 3970 is behaving a bit strangely......after a time, the only icons that are shown in the Settings > System panel are:

About
Clock
Memory
Regional Settings
Remove Programs
Screen

Obviously, one or two are missing....like the quite important 'Power' for one! A soft reset solves the problem, and they all come back.

I've had that happen with the AvantGo settings applet icon. A soft reset fixed it, too.

If I had to speculate, I'd say the problem was related to applets which weren't "standard" in the Pocket PC OS. For example, the iPAQ implements its own Power applet to show the battery status of any battery on a sleeve. (You can hack the registry to see the original Power applet.)

It's really not something I'd worry about. Just do what I did -- accept it as a another minor bug in the Pocket PC OS. ;-)

Steve

nclwireless
05-19-2003, 08:08 AM
Thanks Steve.

Apologies to the forum gods for cross-posting.

Cortex
05-19-2003, 07:02 PM
I have a TMo PPCPE and noticed the SD Backup program icon disappeared from the Programs menu. It still appears on the start menu, however. It too is a custom program and I'm not sure why it happens.