View Full Version : Converted: Palm Vx to 1910 - answering questions for other newbies.

binstpa
05-16-2003, 08:42 PM
Gave up my Vx for the 1910 (instead of going to the Tungsten T or Z71). Had a few issues with it but love it now. I had a lot of problems in the beginning because of my own ignorance, but now that I have it up and doing what I want it to do it is a dream.

If any others still sitting on the fence have questions I will be glad to help out.

xoiph
05-17-2003, 04:55 AM
Congratulations and welcome to the world of PPC! Glad you made the switch, I wonder what's taking the other Palm users so long... Hey, don't you love your 1910? :lol:

binstpa
05-19-2003, 05:44 PM
I love the 1910. So far it is summer and I don't get as much daily use out of it (no school to keep track of), but it is great. I only have a few hangups but other than that it is great. It is a million times better than a palm. There is so much more you can do with it. I am glad I went for the 1910 and didn't decide to try the Tungsten T.

mr_yellow
05-25-2003, 08:30 PM
Does anyone else get annoyed at how long the 1910 takes to respond to tapping on the volume or time icons on the titlebar?

It takes like 10 seconds for me to get any of those popup to appear. Is this an isolated thing or is this one of those "PPC" things?

Fishie
05-25-2003, 10:19 PM
Does anyone else get annoyed at how long the 1910 takes to respond to tapping on the volume or time icons on the titlebar?

It takes like 10 seconds for me to get any of those popup to appear. Is this an isolated thing or is this one of those "PPC" things?

Weird, mine is quite a lot faster, its dependant on what stuff I have runing in the background but never more then a few seconds

TawnerX
05-25-2003, 11:29 PM
short quick tap is to mute, hold and release for 3-5 seconds brings up the volume control.

peck peck peck ala Palm.... (doesn't work. it just turns the mute on and off really fast)