View Full Version : What should I buy or should I wait

csterns
05-16-2003, 05:09 PM
I have an IPAQ 3975. My sister needs to replace her IPAQ and I am thinking of selling her mine (at a discount of course) and replacing it but with what??

I have the following: Sony Ericsson T68i, a bluetooth earpiece for my phone, a bluetooth and wireless card for my laptop and a wireless network at home. I sell Real Estate so my time is divided between home and being in the field. I communicate with other Associates and clients quite a bit via email but very rarely do so from the field. I like the idea of doing so more from the field but find it cumbersome (needs to be quick and easy) because I am either driving or with clients and don't have time to interupt my time with them to check and answer email. I also don't like the peck typing you would have to do to send email nor do I want to carry yet another device - keyboard.

So the question is, what would you recommend as a replacement? I'm intrigued by the PocketPC phones but concerned about their limits and I like my wireless headset. Or, is there anything new coming down the pike fairly soon I should hold out for and wait?

Charles Pickrell
05-17-2003, 06:51 AM
Since you are on-the go a lot and also selling homes, you might consider a Pocket PC with the flexibility of a CF Slot. The Toshiba e750 while not stylish is very expandable. It should be able to partner with your phone just fine over bluetooth. With SDIO and CF slots for peripherals such as cameras, GSM/CDMA phone cards, WiFi, memory, BlueTooth, etc you have many expansion options. The downside I've seen with the iPaq 3x00 series is the freakishly large expansion sleeves. The e740 is thin and doesn't require any bulky sleeves which makes is much more pocketable.

While personally I'm planning on getting the Samsung Pocket PC Phone Edition from Sprint, I'm not sure how well it would work for you. It does not support CF cards, and the integrated camera takes very poor quality pictures (not good enough for a MLS listing)