View Full Version : Dell Wireless Card...can anyone help me?

kemph
05-16-2003, 12:37 PM
I've tried and tried and I still cannot get my DEll Wireless Flash Card to work anywhere.

I haven't touched settings and the bastard wont work. Do I need to change things? 8O

Help?!

syphix
05-16-2003, 01:41 PM
It's not gonna work just "anywhere". Do you know the network's SSID? Is their WEP enabled? Without knowing these things (and changing the settings of the card or adding profiles), you're NOT going to get it working just "anywhere".

Xiz
05-17-2003, 04:44 PM
As an Axim and wifi newbie (I recieved my Axim only yesterday), I got it to work the first time in a number of different configurations.

I succesfully connected to different AP's, iBooks, PowerBooks and I made peer-to-peer (adhoc) connection at home.

All I did was install the driver from the included CD-rom, then insert the CF card into my Axim.
After that I clicked the icon bottom right in the today screen (the 5 'bars'), and made a profile per location. You need to specify a few things, but nothing very difficult. Perhaps you should try the first time with help from the person who setup the AP, he/she should be able to help you with things like 'wep' and 'ssid'.

kemph
05-18-2003, 10:12 PM
All I did was install the driver from the included CD-rom, then insert the CF card into my Axim.

Definitely never got a CD-ROM with drivers on it when I bought the card. Are you referring to the Dell Axim CD?

Thanks for the replies!

Kemph :)

Xiz
05-18-2003, 10:29 PM
I recieved a separte cd-rom with (amongst some other useless stuff) the driver.

It's also available online, on the dell website.
Here's the url: http://support.euro.dell.com/nl/nl/filelib/download/index.asp?fileid=R55070&sid=PDA_AXIM_X5&st=

(it's from the dutch site, but the driver is in english)

Good luck!

kemph
05-21-2003, 07:40 PM
Got everything to work after I finally got the drivers. Still curious as to why Dell never sent the CD-ROM with my CF WiFi card. Oh well...

Now I just need to find some more hot spots. :D