View Full Version : Bluetooth - Success then Failure!

Martin I Pettinger
05-16-2003, 10:55 AM
Hi

Success - I have managed to do a Bluetooth ActiveSync my iPAQ3850 with its Mavin Compact Flash Card and the laptop with it's Anycom USB Dongle.

This includes getting the pass thru to work - i.e. I can grab my e-mail and browse using Pocket Internet Explorer.

Setting the CF Card up on the iPAQ was a bit weird though there was no option for a CF Card - instead I had to use the following settings to get the BT Card to work (albeit only once)

UART(H4) (Other settings were USB, BCSP and User Defined)
COM Port - COM5
Baud Rate - 115200
Byte Size - 8
Parity - NONE
Stop Bits - 1
Flow Control - NONE

What happpened was that a new version of BlueSoleil appeared on the Mavin Web Site - I tried the previous version of BlueSoleil but I got an error message that my device wasn't licensed.

That is the good news the bad news is that I can only do it once! When I try and reconnect the devices a second time the iPAQ cannot find any services on the laptop.

Any idea why I can only get the devices to connect once - is there something I need to flush out on the iPAQ before I try and reconnect.

Martin

PPCRules
05-16-2003, 04:54 PM
I get the same thing, using Ambicom CF and USB modules. I find a soft reset is usually what's needed, and then it will work again, one more time.

I have a couple times gotten a second time, but never a third, without doing a reset. Those times I had carefully terminated connection from the PPC ActiveSync app, stopped all programs (have to use 'settings/System/memory/running programs/stop' to stop activeSync), but this procedure doesn't always work for even a second time. So there's something else that gets in the way.

My conclusion is that Bluetooth (drivers/software, at least) isn't there yet. And I'm afraid our generation of hardware won't be supported if/when the software issues are worked out. Sorry I can't give a more encouraging response.