View Full Version : Eclipse

Pat Logsdon
05-16-2003, 05:17 AM
Hey, for the 76 of you that are online right now (and in North America), go out and look at the full lunar eclipse! It's about 5 or 10 minutes away now (9:16 PM PST) from being full. Looks kinda red. Neat.

Crystal Eitle
05-16-2003, 03:25 PM
Oooh! I saw it last night. I'd totally forgot it was going to happen, then I went to a movie with my roommate. On the ride home, I noticed the moon looked kind of... weird. Like a crescent moon, except the crescent part was on the top instead of being to the left or right. And the bottom edge looked all... fuzzy.

"Hey! It's the eclipse!" I said to my rommate, who was driving.

We narrowly avoided several accidents, as she was too busy looking at the sky to keep her eyes on the road.

The shadow of the earth on the moon looked so cool. I almost felt like I could wave my arms in the air and see their shadows.

lurch
05-16-2003, 03:31 PM
The shadow of the earth on the moon looked so cool. I almost felt like I could wave my arms in the air and see their shadows.
Actually, I'm " :oops: " to say, but I actually did wave my arms just to see if I could see it... :D

The eclipse was very cool though.. I could sit on my front porch and it was right up in the sky in front of me. A nice mild evening too...

doogald
05-16-2003, 03:54 PM
It was overcast in my part of New England last night, unfortunately...

trachy
05-16-2003, 04:24 PM
I could see it pretty well, down here in Florida. Unfortunately, I got eaten alive by the mosquitoes. :evil:

The last full lunar eclipse I saw was back in 1991 in South Carolina. I remember that one being much clearer than this one.

CTSLICK
05-16-2003, 04:35 PM
Clear as a bell here in Minnesota...looked great. Got to experiment with the digital camera a bit. Managed a couple of decent shots.

trachy
05-16-2003, 04:40 PM
Clear as a bell here in Minnesota...looked great. Got to experiment with the digital camera a bit. Managed a couple of decent shots.

I tried to take a couple of pictures too. I was amazed just how difficult it was to hold my camera still by hand. I had no choice but to break out my tripod.

CTSLICK
05-16-2003, 04:56 PM

I tried to take a couple of pictures too. I was amazed just how difficult it was to hold my camera still by hand. I had no choice but to break out my tripod.

Tripod was mandatory for me too. Trying to hold still while using a long zoom proved to be impossible...even with image stabilization.

Hyperluminal
05-16-2003, 09:39 PM
Yeah, it was couldy in New York, and I couldn't see it at all... :(

Steven Cedrone
05-16-2003, 11:35 PM
Actually, I'm " :oops: " to say, but I actually did wave my arms just to see if I could see it... :D

Watched it on the news...

I could swear I saw someone waving their arms... :wink:

Steve

Jake K
05-17-2003, 03:00 AM
It was so cloudy in Vancouver, Canada that I couldn't see anything at all. Theres another coming November 8 so I'll plan ahead for that.