View Full Version : T-Mobile Tells MSFT No Thanks?

bdegroodt
05-15-2003, 08:53 PM
From earlier this morning, it looks like TM is interested in having the stable release (Read v 3.x) from MSFT (http://story.news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=story&cid=581&ncid=581&e=2&u=/nm/20030515/tc_nm/telecoms_tmobile_microsoft_dc) Guess that means more waiting for us in the U.S. :devilboy:

Jason Dunn
05-15-2003, 09:33 PM
We've opted not to post on this for one reason: none of the news reports are entirely accurate. I can't say any more than that, but the real reason T-Mobile is waiting on rolling out a Smartphone solution (read that again: waiting, not dumping) is NOT because of the software side of things. That's all I can say.

Besides, this isn't a Smartphone site. :wink:

ARW
05-15-2003, 10:06 PM
Speaking of Smartphone sites, when does smartphonethoughts.com open for business? :?:

Jason Dunn
05-15-2003, 10:08 PM
Speaking of Smartphone sites, when does smartphonethoughts.com open for business? :?:

Oh, you know, sometime, anytime, it's so hard to predict. :wink:

bdegroodt
05-16-2003, 02:48 AM
Jason...You have me worried. Either you have an excellent scoop or you're drinking the MSFT Kool-Aid. What's the deal? Obviously the SmartPhone hasn't proven itself so smart or swift. What's the story?

Jason Dunn
05-16-2003, 04:28 AM
Jason...You have me worried. Either you have an excellent scoop or you're drinking the MSFT Kool-Aid. What's the deal? Obviously the SmartPhone hasn't proven itself so smart or swift. What's the story?

Did you read the front page?

bdegroodt
05-16-2003, 04:34 AM

Did you read the front page?

Yes :?:

Janak Parekh
05-16-2003, 07:46 PM
Did you read this article (http://rcrnews.com/cgi-bin/news.pl?newsId=13511), which was linked from the front page?

BTW, I've played with the new HTC smartphone. It's actually really cool. I'd like it a little bit faster too, but the cross-platform nature with Pocket PC is very promising. Oh, and Jason's never one to drink Kool-Aid -- haven't you read his many rants? He just knows more than us peons. :lol:

--janak

bdegroodt
05-16-2003, 08:03 PM
Did you read this article (http://rcrnews.com/cgi-bin/news.pl?newsId=13511), which was linked from the front page?

BTW, I've played with the new HTC smartphone. It's actually really cool. I'd like it a little bit faster too, but the cross-platform nature with Pocket PC is very promising. Oh, and Jason's never one to drink Kool-Aid -- haven't you read his many rants? He just knows more than us peons. :lol:

--janak

I hear you Janak. It's just clear that MSFT is spinning the released news. I'm getting a little tired of having to wait for these. No offense meant to anyone. Especially Jason.

Janak Parekh
05-16-2003, 08:44 PM
I hear you Janak. It's jus clear that MSFT is spinning the released news. I'm getting a little tired of having to wait for these. No offense meant to anyone. Especially Jason.
Agreed. I think a revision would be a good idea, and I presume Microsoft's working on it. I also think they haven't been aggressive enough in the US.

--janak