View Full Version : "New" Ambicom Bluetooth drivers = no change

PPCRules
05-15-2003, 08:23 PM
Last week Ambicom posted "version 2.0" drivers on their web site (previous was 1.36). Having found the previous version rather weak and fragile, I finally tried them.

My report is that there is no noticable change, either visibly or functionally. No new services or profiles. No less fragile and requiring no fewer PPC resets.

The only change I found in the PocketPC software is that the revision number in 'about...' was bumped to 2.0. In the Windows software, that wasn't even done; it still reports v1.35.

I do not have a BT phone, so there are areas of the program that I do not get access to, but as far as I could get, there were no changes.

No documentation accompanies the drivers.

Anyone who finds something new/improved (in the phone area maybe), please feel free to report your finding.

juan_chiriboga
05-15-2003, 08:37 PM
Didn't find anything new either. What amazes me, is that when installing in on my Laptop, and pair my phone, i only get the dial up networking service... no serial ports!
It is so frustrating having paid for it.... now, i wouldn't even take it for free! 0X