View Full Version : Registry Tweaks page is gone or not working...

ERJRy
05-15-2003, 03:11 AM
Not good. Does anyone know the registry tweak for storing Temp Internet Files on SD Card?? I had my Axim set up to do so, but had to hard reset this week. Now the tweaks page won't load and I'm hurtin. Anyone have the text description?? Thanks!

Steven Cedrone
05-15-2003, 03:23 AM
Store Temporary Internet Files on Storage Card
This registry modification will move Pocket Internet Explorer Temporary Internet Files to the storage card. First, close Pocket Internet Explorer and move your "Temporary Internet Files\" folder and its subfolders from the "\Windows\" folder to the "\Storage Card\" folder.
Browse to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Internet Settings\Cache\Content\
Change the "CachePath" value from "\Windows\Temporary Internet Files\" to "\Storage Card\Temporary Internet Files\".
Then browse to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Internet Settings\Cache\Paths\
Change the "Directory" value from "\Windows\Temporary Internet Files\" to "\Storage Card\Temporary Internet Files\".
Browse to the Path1\, Path2\, Path3\ and Path4\ subkeys.
For each of them, replace "\Windows\" with "\Storage Card\" in the "CachePath" value, make sure you keep the ending of the string. Remember this will make some problems if you remove the storage card to connect to the internet using a modem card!

Steve

ERJRy
05-15-2003, 03:26 AM
Steve-

Thanks a bunch man! :)

Pony99CA
05-15-2003, 08:42 AM
Not good. Does anyone know the registry tweak for storing Temp Internet Files on SD Card?? I had my Axim set up to do so, but had to hard reset this week. Now the tweaks page won't load and I'm hurtin. Anyone have the text description?? Thanks!
Which Web page are you talking about? This tweak is probably on a lot of sites. It is still at Philippe Majerus' Web site (http://www.phm.lu/PocketPC/RegTweaks), if that's the one you meant.

I know you solved your problem, but I wanted you to know about Philippe's site if you didn't (or to know that it's still up, if you did know about it).

Steve

Steven Cedrone
05-15-2003, 02:23 PM
I know you solved your problem, but I wanted you to know about Philippe's site if you didn't (or to know that it's still up, if you did know about it).

Philippe's site was the one he was referring to, it was down yesterday...

Steve