View Full Version : Help with Advantgo Yahoo Movie Listings

Billsgirl
05-14-2003, 01:05 AM
The only thing I use advantgo for is the Yahoo Movies. Lately I've noticed that for some reason it keeps putting the movie listings for April 1 & 2 (I know April fools right?) It is really frustrating me.

If I check the movie listings and it's usually wrong, I try to resync and sometimes that works, other times it will fix one theatre & leave the other 2 with the April 1 dates and movies/showtimes. This is a daily struggle.

I have tried deleting Temporary Internet Settings (by opening the folder and deleting all the folders inside) Unsubcribing, resynching and resubscribing to yahoo, reconfiguring my Advantgo settings.

Is anyone else having this problem? Does anyone know what I can do or try? I have a hp 1910.

Thanks in advance

Dave Beauvais
05-14-2003, 06:22 AM
Wow, I thought this was just me. It happens to about four of the ten theaters I have defined here in Ohio. Most of the time they show up at April 1 and 2, but sometimes as April 4 and 5. It's basically made the service useless to me. Oddly enough, if I actually go to My Yahoo on a PC, the dates and times are current. I have no solution to this, but just wanted to let you know that you weren't alone.

--Dave

davidspalding
05-15-2003, 09:41 AM
Lousy programmers at Yahoo? I've seen worse with sites which started a Avantgo channel, did a crappy job, then finally stopped updating. I guess some lower level geek found it easier to hide his bad work rather than reporting, "I killed down the Avantgo channel, since we don't have the resources to keep it up to date."

Lotto
05-16-2003, 01:51 AM
Try using Hollywood.com through Avantgo, it works pretty smoothly.

Kati Compton
05-16-2003, 06:29 AM
There was a few weeks when Yahoo! was showing the temperature in Chicago to be 30 degrees F no matter what the temperature was... but my guess is that's an unrelated weirdness, as it was happening both on the PPC and my desktop.

Dave Beauvais
05-20-2003, 07:19 PM
Try using Hollywood.com through Avantgo, it works pretty smoothly.
I had the Hollywood channel for a while, but removed it several months ago because that single channel was causing my AvantGo syncs to either time out entirely or take over five minutes. Removing the Hollywood.com channel made even a complete content refresh take only a minute or so.

--Dave