View Full Version : A new one for me and my iPaq...

MonolithicDawgX
05-13-2003, 07:40 PM
My iPaq now won't turn off 8O , reset (soft or hard). I'm leaving it on, light and all, until the battery dies. Maybe that will shock it back. But I think it might be a goner. I was hoping to last until there is a PPC 2003... :?

rcobourn
05-13-2003, 09:33 PM
You didn't mention which model you had, but here's a suggestion: try doing a ROM upgrade, even if just overwriting the existing ROM. This may not prove any more effective than waiting for the battery to die, but if it works it'll certainly be faster. Of course, if it's completely frozen it may not respond to the ROM upgrade either.

MonolithicDawgX
05-14-2003, 01:26 AM
With the light on, it only took about 6 hours to die. I plugged it in, and it is still frozen on the soft-resent compaq screen. I'll wait a few days and see if it dies completely and does it's own hard reset. Hope so, but I think it is just gone. :cry:

maximus
05-14-2003, 02:19 AM
Well, on the positive side, now you are ready to purchase the brand-spanking-new ipaq 5555 once they come out ... be patient, young skywalker ...

MonolithicDawgX
05-14-2003, 02:57 PM
Well, on the positive side, now you are ready to purchase the brand-spanking-new ipaq 5555 once they come out ... be patient, young skywalker ...

But how can I schedule the purchase without my calendar function on my iPaq? :lol: