View Full Version : mobile friendly forums update?

barky81
05-13-2003, 04:46 PM
Hey, not to nag, but I am wondering about your progress on "mobile friendly" forums.

Any news pocketpcthoughts can share?

Jason Dunn
05-13-2003, 06:21 PM
Fabrizio and Chris are working very, very hard on this. It's difficult to explain why this is so complex without ruining the surprise, but think of it like a train track - the mobile forums are only one piece of the track, but the train can't take the journey if there are missing pieces in the track (PayPal integration, subscriber services, profile editing, etc.).

But just to prove that they exist...

http://www.pocketpcthoughts.com/images/web/mobileforums.gif

:mrgreen:

That's the admin view, so the normal view wouldn't include the large "X" or the IP button - just quote and edit.

Pat Logsdon
05-13-2003, 06:40 PM
8O

That looks very slick! I'd pony up some cash to be able to view and use the forums in that format.

You guys have done an awesome job customizing phpBB, and I don't envy the many MANY hours it must have taken to get things to point of that screenshot. 8)

Jason Dunn
05-13-2003, 06:44 PM
You guys have done an awesome job customizing phpBB, and I don't envy the many MANY hours it must have taken to get things to point of that screenshot. 8)

Thanks! The real credit for that goes to Fabrizio, our lead developer - he created a mobile template for every single part of the site: front page, articles, forums, private messaging, links, etc - every last one. I've seen some other mobile phpBB templates, and to be blunt, they just weren't up to our standards. Perfection takes time. 8) The good stuff is coming, it really is...

wocket
05-13-2003, 07:05 PM
You guy's rule the screenshot looks great. And i'm sure there are a lot of phpBB admins out there who would chop off an arm for those templates.

Well done Fabrizio!

Jeff Rutledge
05-13-2003, 07:16 PM
8O

That looks very slick! I'd pony up some cash to be able to view and use the forums in that format.

Same here. Count me in. I've used this site so often for so many things, I'll be glad when there's a new way to support it.

Looks great. Well Done Fabrizio!

FredMurphy
05-13-2003, 09:01 PM
Can't wait. :D Nice to see a screen shot to whet our appetites. More interesting than the leaked PPC 2003 info around at the moment.

Of course if you need a few hundred beta-testers you know where to find them! :wink:

platinum
05-14-2003, 09:35 PM
Looks good! :)

You could definatly sell that for a nice little profit once you're done :D

I started making a template for my forums, but after the view topic template I got a bit sick of it :p (looks okay though!).

barky81
06-20-2003, 09:33 PM
IPAQ 3870: $620 (2 years ago)
T-68: $250 (1 year ago)
Unlimited GPRS on T-Mobile: $19.99/mo. (1 1/2 weeks ago)

My first GPRS’ed mobile post to PPCT’s new (and beautiful) mobile forums: PRICELESS (just now :wink: )

Jason Dunn
06-20-2003, 09:45 PM
My first GPRS’ed mobile post to PPCT’s new (and beautiful) mobile forums: PRICELESS (just now :wink: )

Hah! No one knows they're active yet - I'm just making a post about that now.... ;-)

FredMurphy
06-20-2003, 11:53 PM
:D I was just thinking of reminding you of the promise that the mobile forums would be released before Pocket PC 2003 and you delivered!

Great job! How could I have doubted you? :oops: (Posted this on my Pocket PC.)

Jason Dunn
06-21-2003, 12:14 AM
:D I was just thinking of reminding you of the promise that the mobile forums would be released before Pocket PC 2003 and you delivered! Great job! How could I have doubted you? :oops: (Posted this on my Pocket PC.)

Well, I was trying to get the whole THING release before Pocket PC 2003, but this was the best we could do. I hope you like 'em!

maximus
06-21-2003, 02:22 AM
Good news - Band news.

Good news : mobile forum is going to be up really soon.

Bad news : GPRS bill will be crazy. :cry:

Kati Compton
06-21-2003, 03:15 AM
Good news - Band news.
No band news here... Just PPC news, views, rants and raves....

:razzing:

barky81
06-21-2003, 04:09 AM

Hah! No one knows they're active yet - I'm just making a post about that now.... ;-)

:devilboy: Whoops! Didn't mean to jump the gun, but I WAS excited!

Jeff Rutledge
06-21-2003, 04:44 AM
This template is great!

Count me in as a subscriber.

Whatever you're planning to charge, add 10%. You'll get it.

CTSLICK
06-21-2003, 04:51 AM
The new templates are brilliant. Thanks for leading the charge on the ppc forum front. Others must surely follow.

(Posted from my PPC via GPRS)