View Full Version : winampaq ... ogg plugin for pocket PC media player ... PPC2003 ...

maximus
05-13-2003, 02:04 AM
Ok, I am pondering a lot these days.

The biggest pondering I have in my mind right now is ... Last night I converted all my mp3s to oggs (well, not me actually, but my computer did the overnight job, I was sleeping at that time, how selfish of me). Put the oggs on my SD and CF cards. Nice ... averagely 2.5 megs for one song at 96kbps ..... But when I turn on my axim this morning, winampaq decided to crash this morning, wont let me reinstall. duh. No music this morning. kinda moody now. he heh.

Sure, I heard that winampaq is not very stable, but dying on me when I launch it the second time is unbelievable. I think that winampaq is a very egoistical piece of hardware. Dying on me after I force-labored my PC to do an overnight conversion ? duh.

Now the question is ... I know there is a ogg plugin for PC version of winmediaplayer .. Anyone know a similar plugin for PPC winmedia player ? I am thinking of permanently retiring this piece of egoistical software called winampaq, and back to microsoft's the loving arm.

Ah, next question. When PPC2003 is out, can I flashed it into my axim ? I dont want to be the only uncool guy on the neighbourhood with a non-PPC2003 ....

spursdude
05-13-2003, 02:17 AM
WMP for PPC won't play ogg files. But Pocket MVP (http://www.pocketmvp.com) will.

And as to Pocket PC 2003, you should be able to upgrade, but it relies on Dell's providing the upgrade.