View Full Version : Strange speed difference on my 5450!!

rooks308
05-12-2003, 09:45 PM
I just realized something dramatic.... I always fool around with the Ipaq's on display at work and noticed that they all seemed just a second faster in the responses to my stylus than my 5450 did. I tried all kinds of things to get my 5450 to repsond at the same speed. I epsecially noticed a difference when i went into my programs or my settings.. always got the little circle... then today i discovered something.....

I sat my ipaq in the cradle and let it sync... after a few seconds i decided to check a file on my ipaq and BOOM... WOW :mrgreen: fast....

... I tried it again... thinking that i must have just imgined that.. BOOM fast... i thought well maybe it's because i have no programs running in the background.. checked that... NOPE.. had file explorer.. notes... calender.. and pocket tv all open!!! 0X I then kept fooling around with the unit and discovered that it in every circumstance it repsonded with lightening speed to all my commands..... WHEN PLUGGED IN TO AC that is....

If anyone can try this and tell me if they experience the same thing i would be most aprreciative... I hope there is a way to get it to respond that fast all the time

-Thanks

William Yeung
05-13-2003, 02:29 AM
I have similar one: When my NES Emulator running from time to time, sometimes it goes slower, and then if you just click on the application to make it active, the speed comes back... seems sort of like a boosting execution then a more suspended execution...

rooks308
05-13-2003, 04:15 AM
what i am wondering is if the 5450 series is noticeably slower on battery power and why?... IE is this something that can be reproduced... i have done this several times now and it really does seem faster... i don't get it. It the 5450 on a slow speed mode when on batt power like some of the other pda's have that option? I love the quick reflexes i get when on AC... could this be a setting i have set. I have the latest ROM update... but it has always been like this. I hope i can find out more... if anybody can help us figure this out here it would be apreciated... thanks again.