View Full Version : Journal Bar 5-day forecast and Shortcut to Settings

netBEUI
05-12-2003, 08:22 PM
Does anyone know if theres a setting or reason why Journal Bar only shows 2 days of forecast information? I see data for 2 days followed by 3 question marks. I'm running Journal Bar 1.3 and synchronizing data for Vancouver, Canada.

I'd like to create a shortcut which takes me directly to the screen that I see when I tap Start > Settings. Does anyone know how to accomplish this? I don't want a shortcut that goes to an applet inside of control panel, just the main control panel screen...

Any help is appreciated!
Thanks

Bearjaw
05-12-2003, 08:53 PM
I think it has something to do with the server it connects to for Canadian forcasts. The server only provides two days. I guess everyone else uses the closest U.S city to thiers. Try that, I will atleast get you 5 day forcasts.

As for the second queston I'm not sure how to do that or if its possible. Maybe some can help you out.

pdaknut
05-30-2003, 01:22 AM
Does anyone know if theres a setting or reason why Journal Bar only shows 2 days of forecast information? I see data for 2 days followed by 3 question marks. I'm running Journal Bar 1.3 and synchronizing data for Vancouver, Canada.

I'd like to create a shortcut which takes me directly to the screen that I see when I tap Start > Settings. Does anyone know how to accomplish this? I don't want a shortcut that goes to an applet inside of control panel, just the main control panel screen...

Any help is appreciated!
Thanks

Weather Today supports 5 day forecasts for Canada. In addition, you don't need postal codes (or whatever) to select a city.

Their web site is at www.rdfo.com/wt. I think you can also download a free, fully functional, demo version from there as well.

PPCMD
05-30-2003, 05:57 PM
I get the 5 day forcast, but find it is not exactly on the mark. I may try setting it to the city 20 miles from me that I work in rather than my obscure little area.