View Full Version : Wireless Browsing Questions

kweingold
05-12-2003, 04:30 PM
I just purchased a NetGear WiFi CF card for my iPaq 3635 and I am wondering if there is a utility to view Internet Explorer in lansdscape mode to make web page viewing tolerable. Alternately, is there a PocketPC browser other than Explorer or the subscription services that people have had success with? I have seen the suggested web pages in this forum, which are helpful, but I would like to view the pages I currently use in a little more usable form.

thanks.

PPCRules
05-12-2003, 05:03 PM
There are landscape utilities, which are some help, but I believe all require a soft reset when switching to and from landscape, which limits the excitement gained from having the capability. Seach the forums.

There is also plenty of discussion on alternate browsers, but I don't believe any universal favorite has emerged (the Microsoft way when not faced with serious competition: keep things at a just-good-enough level).

I would suggest trying "ftxpbowser" (search the forums) and try the 'simple view' option on regular web pages. It often does an amazing job of making things readable.

jeffmd
05-13-2003, 06:13 AM
I was using Netfront and used a program that put my axim into landscape mode, and while browsing was slightly more bareable, esp when using fit text on screen option, I found that the bottem bar didnt react well on the right side of the screen, and ALOT of menus were litterally broken because they fell off the bottem of the screen, and so you had menu options and confirmations (OK box) you couldnt get to.

kweingold
05-13-2003, 02:38 PM
I tried ftxpbowser and it works great, thanks. The only problem I seem to have is that the "simple view" has to be selected for each web page, but this is a lot better than having to keep scrolling back and forth.