View Full Version : If you show me yours I will buy you a pint.

lonesniper
05-12-2003, 10:58 AM
For the past few months I have been looking and looking for a PPC. I almost got an Acer n20w because I have so many memory sticks, but now I think a Dell Axim would be a better purchase.
Problem is that I really want to hold one and play with it for a while before buying and with Dell that just isn’t possible. I have held devices of a similar size but would really like to look over it before ordered.
So that is why I am asking for your help, and in return I will buy you a pint or a Starbucks coffee and maybe even a sandwich. :D Are there any Axim owners in central London, or South London around Bromley that would be willing to meet up and let me play with your Axim in return for lunch??? If there are any Philadelphia people willing to help I will be there from June onwards.

Please either PM me or email [email protected]

I hope someone can help me join the PPC crew and make a good purchase.
Cheers.
Colin

Kevin C. Tofel
05-12-2003, 11:09 AM
Colin,

Once you get back to the states, you might want to try the Montgomery Mall which is about 15 miles north of Philadelphia on routes 309 and 202. I know they had a Dell Kiosk a few months back that allowed some "hands on" playtime with their products, including the Axim. They also take orders there.

Between now and the end of May, I'll see if I can swing by to see if the kiosk is still there. If not, we'll see what we can work out.

Cheers mate!

:beer:

KCT

lonesniper
05-12-2003, 11:31 AM
Thanks Kevin,
I normally drive up the Northeast Extention or 611 to get to the Pocono's but I can easily go up 309. I looked on Dell.com but can't see any information about kiosks in PA, the page is blank.

Roll on June, I am excited now about going to the Mall and hopefully seeing an Axim. :D
Colin

William Yeung
05-12-2003, 02:28 PM
If you have tons of memory stick... an iPAQ might be good since there are extension jackets with memory stick reader available... so u can always switch options...

lonesniper
05-12-2003, 06:19 PM
I think I am going to turn my back on Memory Sticks, and just use them for my camera and laptop. Originally I did not think I would want gibabytes of memory in a PDA, but with CF cheaper than a loaf of bread I might as well invest in a 512mb and carry movies and TV shows to watch on the bus. Also having a CF 802.11B and Bluetooth option would be nice.

Kevin C. Tofel
05-12-2003, 07:00 PM
I did some digging on Dell's site also. Try this link (http://www.dell.com/us/en/dhs/topics/segtopic_pa_kiosk.htm) to their site. According to Dell, the kiosk is still in Montogmery Mall. They are also at King of Prussia Mall and Oxford Valley Mall.

If you find that none of these are still open, drop me a note. I have the Axim X5 and I'm 3 miles from the Lansdale Exit of the NE Extension.

KCT

lonesniper
05-12-2003, 08:15 PM
Kevin
Thanks for the link. Hope they are still there at the beginning of June. If not I will take you up on your offer and drop you a note.
Cheerio.
Colin.

b3trio
05-12-2003, 11:58 PM
You might also want to try posting this request in the forums over at www.aximsite.com

lonesniper
05-13-2003, 02:27 PM
Yeah I did that already and someone from there gave me a link to another forum that had some great pictures of the Axim side by side to a Be-300. Also a lot PA people have offer to meet up with me if the Dell Kiosk dispears from the local mall.

eternalblue
05-13-2003, 06:58 PM
Yeah I did that already and someone from there gave me a link to another forum that had some great pictures of the Axim side by side to a Be-300. Also a lot PA people have offer to meet up with me if the Dell Kiosk dispears from the local mall.

i think that's awfully nice of them to do that for you. and not a bad way to earn a free lunch, and possibly make some friends while you're at it. great idea lonesniper.

lonesniper
05-14-2003, 05:37 PM
Yeah it is very nice of them, computer people are normally friendly and willing to show off their toys.

I just thought of an idea for a "World PDA Day" where we decide on a day and we all try and get together with other local PDA people. Maybe meet at a Starbucks and have a big IR beaming session. :lol: Reminds me of an episode of Scrubs when JD was going to miss "PDA syncing day" because he was on a surgical rotation.

We could have big meetings in the major cities like London, Rome, New York and Calgary of course. :) And then smaller ones too. Does all that sound too geeky.

There are lots of different "World Day's" it's about time there was a "World PDA Day"!!! Imagine the news coverage and the sponsorship from Dell, Toshiba, HP.....................

Andy Whiteford
05-19-2003, 09:56 AM
Well if you ever go near Edinburgh, I can show you the Axim side by side with the Acer n20W.

lonesniper
05-19-2003, 03:49 PM
Andy,
That would be nice and really help me to decide between those two, but Scotland is just a bit to far from London for me.
Thanks anyway.
Colin