View Full Version : 2 quick questions !!!!!!!

bigmill12
05-11-2003, 08:42 PM
Quick 2 part question all....

I have a keyboard for my Axim and i was wondering has anyone run across a type`n program that will help me learn to type using my axim.

next

Can anyone please give me a link to where i can download the free version of AOL Mail for pocket pc....

Thank you all for you assistance and time...Thanks

Janak Parekh
05-11-2003, 09:33 PM
Can anyone please give me a link to where i can download the free version of AOL Mail for pocket pc....
To the best of my knowledge, no such free version exists for Pocket PC 2002. :(

--janak

gcherian
05-12-2003, 01:04 AM
I think it is there in the AOL site for UK - although it is the old version - correct me if I am wrong....

Janak Parekh
05-12-2003, 01:12 AM
I think it is there in the AOL site for UK - although it is the old version - correct me if I am wrong....
That's correct -- that version will work for Pocket PC 2000, but not 2002.

--janak

Kati Compton
05-12-2003, 06:43 AM
That's correct -- that version will work for Pocket PC 2000, but not 2002.

Really? I didn't think there was any software that worked on PPC2000 that wouldn't work on PPC2002... Is it because it's a communications program and some obsure incompatibility exists, or did they do something specifically to limit it on purpose?

Janak Parekh
05-12-2003, 07:22 PM
Really? I didn't think there was any software that worked on PPC2000 that wouldn't work on PPC2002... Is it because it's a communications program and some obsure incompatibility exists, or did they do something specifically to limit it on purpose?
AOL is the exception. I don't know the technical underpinnings, but there was no connection manager in Pocket PC 2000 -- it was more like classical WinCE in that fashion. Moreover, there have been many anecdotal reports of Pocket PCs needing a hard reset after having installed the old AOL client.

--janak