Log in

View Full Version : One Item Won't Sync

05-11-2003, 03:41 PM
I have a clean install of active synch 3.7. Everything went fine for a couple of days and then I had an unresolved file that couldn't be resolved. I tried many things and finally just deleted the partnership.

What was really strange is when it started setting up a new partnership, it automatically created the same name as before. Now this time when it synchs it tries to synch this one file (whatever it is) over and over again; it never stops!

Any idea how to resolve this?

05-11-2003, 03:56 PM
i get this all the time - so frustrating. the easiest thing to do is to create a temp directory and move all the files on your desktop sync directory into that. sync, so that there are no files on your ppc. then copy them back a few at a time, and it should go in.

Happens with emails and attachments sometimes - I have to move my emails into a temp directory, and then copy them back a few at a time.

05-11-2003, 04:00 PM
I did that the first time when it wouldn't resolve. I took all of the files out and it still had the problem (attention required). Is it worth trying it again?

05-12-2003, 05:48 PM
My problem is that i can't get two files to sync with 3.7! :cry: How shall i solve this? :?:

05-12-2003, 06:17 PM
You are not going to believe this. After going crazy with this for a couple of days, it finally fixed itself. I have no idea what changed but now it is synching fine.

05-12-2003, 08:06 PM
Yeah, sure it did :)

Seriously though, I've gotten this before and it's a pain in the @$$. It's usually because activestink or outlook has created a duplicate email or appointment somewhere and is resolved when you track it down and delete it manually, or if you have your settings to automatically delete emails and appointments upon opening or after a certain time.

05-12-2003, 08:42 PM
I've installed ActiveSync 3.7, thinking it would improve matters.
If anything, it seems to have got worse. For the first time, it started to crash when trying to sync a particular e-mail which happened to have a Word attachment. Nothing wrong with it as far as I could tell, but when it got to that e-mail, I'd get a "tried to access memory at 0xblahblah" type of error and ActiveSync would bail out.
The only way I've managed to get it to go away is to turn attachment syncing off. After a few days when the e-mail has cleared I'll try to switch it back on and see what happens.
I'm sure it's been said before, but ActiveSync is not doing the PocketPC platform any favours.