View Full Version : New Posts?

trachy
05-02-2003, 02:02 PM
Any idea why I always get an extra, blank page of results when I click on 'New Posts'? Is it me or a problem with the BB software?

Lotto
05-02-2003, 02:34 PM
I get the same, thought of posting it several times, glad you did.

Steven Cedrone
05-02-2003, 02:59 PM
The answers are here... (http://www.pocketpcthoughts.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=6457) :wink:

Steve

trachy
05-02-2003, 03:10 PM
Thanks, Steve. I tried searching for the answer, but when you plug in 'new posts' into the search box the results aren't exactly narrowed. :-)

Lotto
05-02-2003, 03:11 PM
ahh....even though I'm here several times daily...that's one thread I skipped over :(

Thanks for the info

FredMurphy
05-02-2003, 03:37 PM
Any chance this is getting fixed? I read the original post, so I know why this is happening, but it is annoying.

Also a "posts in the last 24 hours" would be useful too. Sometimes the "last visit" can reset before you get a chance to read them all. This often happens if I check the last posts before I get out of bed on my iPAQ, then try to read them in detail on my PC after I get up. Yeah - I know..... :roll: Get a life!

One more whine while I'm at it - when do we get to see the mobile forums? The wait for PocketPC 2003 and the PPCT mobile forums is killing me!

Steven Cedrone
05-02-2003, 05:04 PM
On the search page...

If you plug in "new posts" (just to clarify though, I searched on "post count"), make sure you use the "search for all terms" option - it does help. If it comes up with too many threads, change the search a little... :wink:

To search for the posts made in the last 24 hours: go to search page, put an "*" for author, and use the "search previous" drop down menu to select "1 day"

Mobile forums: soon!!! :wink:

Hope this helps...

Steve

Janak Parekh
05-02-2003, 05:33 PM
One more whine while I'm at it - when do we get to see the mobile forums? The wait for PocketPC 2003 and the PPCT mobile forums is killing me!
Just a bit more detail - the forums work, but Jason's working on integrating the membership process together. As he put it, you'll have mobile forums before the next Pocket PC OS. Of course, that doesn't guarantee anything. :lol:

--janak

Kati Compton
05-02-2003, 07:59 PM
As he put it, you'll have mobile forums before the next Pocket PC OS. Of course, that doesn't guarantee anything. :lol:

Just as long as MS isn't delaying the next PocketPC OS until Jason's done.... :lol:

trachy
05-02-2003, 09:08 PM
On the search page...

If you plug in "new posts" (just to clarify though, I searched on "post count"), make sure you use the "search for all terms" option - it does help. If it comes up with too many threads, change the search a little... :wink:

That 'search for all terms' option works in most cases, but not this one...

"Search found 771 matches" 8O

Steven Cedrone
05-02-2003, 09:55 PM
"Search found 771 matches" 8O

I know, it does happen sometimes...That's when you have to re-try your search using different terms...

Oh well... :wink:

Steve