View Full Version : Free (After Rebate) 32 MB Secure Digital Card from Staples

Jason Dunn
05-02-2003, 03:51 AM
<div class='os_post_top_link'><a href='http://www.staplesrebates.com/weblogic/rebateshq/staples/viewPromotionDetails?prID=41369&bundleId=256622&promoCd=03-56032' target='_blank'>http://www.staplesrebates.com/weblo...romoCd=03-56032</a><br /><br /></div>It's been a slow news day, so when I saw this post in the forums by Robert Biggs, I figured it was worth passing along. You can never have too many SD cards!<br /><br />"Staples is offering a great deal right now. You can get a $30 mail-in rebate on a PNY 32 MB SD card that only costs $29.94 in-store. <a href="http://www.staplesrebates.com/weblogic/rebateshq/staples/viewPromotionDetails?prID=41369&bundleId=256622&promoCd=03-56032 ">Here's the link to the rebate form.</a> I went into Staples and bought the card today for $29.94 + sales tax and submitted the rebate request. The UPC code on the card's package matches the qualifying product on the rebate form."

Shadowcat
05-02-2003, 04:41 AM
Maybe I didn't look carefully enough, but I can't seem to find out whether this rebate is available in the US only or in Canada as well. Does anyone know?

bblock
05-02-2003, 04:42 AM
Jason, where did you find a 32MB SD card for CDN$45 (roughly equivalent to US$30)? I looked on the staples.ca site http://www.staples.ca/products/catalog/skuset.asp?SuperCategoryId=3&skusetid=14114 and see the price is CDN$54.90. While that's still not a bad deal, it's not exactly what you posted.

I'll stop by the Vancouver Staples store tomorrow, just in case they're cheaper in-store.

Jason Dunn
05-02-2003, 05:13 AM
I think this is US only - I was referencing the .com site, not the .ca site...

Shadowcat
05-02-2003, 05:25 AM
I thought so. :cry:

QYV
05-02-2003, 05:35 AM
I certainly appreciate the effort here, but I wanted to note that I saw this on Brighthand last week (and my 32MB SD card has been happily in my Axim ever since :) ).

Jason Dunn
05-02-2003, 06:27 AM
I thought so. :cry:

I wish I could tell people exactly what country every offer works in, but I just don't have the time to do the research needed for it - sorry. :|

bblock
05-02-2003, 07:38 AM
I wish I could tell people exactly what country every offer works in, but I just don't have the time to do the research needed for it - sorry. :|

Hey, no sweat, Jason. Just thought I'd ask about the Canada thing since a) Staples is in Canada and b) you're a Canuck like me (no offence to the Flames!)

Great work - keep it up.

-Bryan

Shadowcat
05-02-2003, 12:56 PM

Hey, no sweat, Jason. Just thought I'd ask about the Canada thing since a) Staples is in Canada and b) you're a Canuck like me (no offence to the Flames!)

Great work - keep it up.

-Bryan

Agreed! You do a great job! Actually I expected the offer to be US only, but i just had to ask. :roll:

sjr
05-02-2003, 01:43 PM
wish i lived in the us, you guys get free stuff all the time from rebates... over here in the uk everything is just so expensive :(

liban
05-02-2003, 02:43 PM
wish i lived in the us, you guys get free stuff all the time from rebates... over here in the uk everything is just so expensive :(

I agree, I live in the US now, but I used to live in Africa and consumer electronics were about 2-3 more expensive than in the States even though the people have a lot less money. In the States, I have taken part in so many great deals that people would never believe back home. I already have an Axim, but couldn't resist ordering a new Toshiba e335 two days ago from OfficeDepot that comes out to $82 after rebates including tax and shipping! That PPC would probably go for $500 back home.

Jimmy Dodd
05-02-2003, 03:07 PM

Aaahh. The joys of a consumer based society. :D

Of course you guys seem to get better cell phones and better coverage. :roll:

n2_space
05-02-2003, 05:23 PM
Thanks! :D I just went and picked one up 8)

robert_biggs
05-02-2003, 06:14 PM
I already have an Axim, but couldn't resist ordering a new Toshiba e335 two days ago from OfficeDepot that comes out to $82 after rebates including tax and shipping!

liban, would you mind telling us how you got such a good deal on the Toshiba e335 from OfficeDepot?

Jason Dunn
05-02-2003, 06:17 PM
I already have an Axim, but couldn't resist ordering a new Toshiba e335 two days ago from OfficeDepot that comes out to $82 after rebates including tax and shipping!

liban, would you mind telling us how you got such a good deal on the Toshiba e335 from OfficeDepot?

There was a limited deal being offered that was only good for one day, and by the time we were told about it, the product was listed as discontinued.

liban
05-02-2003, 08:54 PM
Actually the deal was good for a couple of days, I ordered on April 30 and the deal ended May 1. Office Depot had reduced the price to $300 on their website and had a $100 rebate on it. It turned out that Toshiba still had a $100 rebate on the item too that was independent of the OD rebate. In addition, there were reusable 10% off codes floating around that knocked another $30 off the price for a total of $70 plus tax. Jason is right that the deal didn't last long since those who didn't order early found that the item was sold out in their areas for delivery or in-store pick up.

I recommend visiting Fatwallet.com and reading the Hot Deals discussions as you can great tips on deals there faster than just about anywhere else. It helped me get my Axim Advanced in March for $217 shipped, but you sometimes have to be ready to pull the trigger fast otherwise you will miss out like some people did on the toshiba deal.

ctmagnus
05-02-2003, 11:17 PM
and b) you're a Canuck like me (no offence to the Flames!)

1994... First round... Game seven... Canucks at Flames...

I just had to go look at my cap autographed by none other than then Canucks coach Pat Quinn :D

Fzara
05-03-2003, 11:50 PM
I just bought this card at Staples, and would like to say, I got it for $30+tax, whereas the website said $35.

I also heard this is an active product, which means, it has been discontinued. Perhaps they are trying to sell away their last inventory. :?:

bbell98
05-09-2003, 06:47 AM
My friendly staples associate had no idea when I asked him about this rebate. They did have one that the card would end up costing $10 after rebate. Boo hiss. I called home and walked my sis through to find the rebate online just to double check.

I love free things from Staples...!
-Bob

I just bought this card at Staples, and would like to say, I got it for $30+tax, whereas the website said $35.

I also heard this is an active product, which means, it has been discontinued. Perhaps they are trying to sell away their last inventory. :?:

bbell98
05-25-2003, 06:38 PM
Anyone else have trouble w/ this rebate? (Free PNY 32MB SD card)

I received the following after sending in my rebate:

"The P-SD032-RF.UPC we received with your rebate submission is not correct. Please send the correct one to: ATTENTION RESUBMISSIONS, PO BOX 9013 Coppell, TX 75019."

I know my UPC matched. Any thoughts?

Thanks...
-Bob