View Full Version : Touch Lag

verbal
05-01-2003, 01:47 PM
I have an Axim X5 Advanced. Once and a while my screen won't respond. I'll tap anywhere and it won't respond for a few seconds. No programs are running, and I only have battery bar, journal bar, program bar, and pocket plus (just the close program function) running. Anybody else get this?

Kati Compton
05-01-2003, 02:44 PM
Only for the first second or two it's on, or if I have a music player running.

MPSmith
05-01-2003, 03:41 PM
This is a relatively common phenomenon on my Axim as well. For me, its about a 3 or 4 second lag. FYI, I also have the battery bar, journal bar and program bar running (the most recent versions), but not Pocket Plus.

A soft reset usually takes care of it.

I've been meaning to uninstall those three programs and see if the problem persists.

verbal
05-01-2003, 05:33 PM
It was doing this before I installed pocket plus. It has to be one of those bar programs. Hmmm...could be journal bar looking for a connection. Not sure what else though.

Kati Compton
05-01-2003, 08:26 PM
Could also be that something you *were* running didn't completely unload... Try the soft reset.

Bearjaw
05-02-2003, 04:51 AM
If your talking about the initial lag when you turn it on, I had the problem before I installed battery pack and journal bar. I think its the Axim its self. Update A02 was supposed to take care of the startup issue but I havent noticed the change yet. It still takes a couple of seconds to "warm up". Atleast thats what I call it.