View Full Version : Who's first to see X-Men on Friday?

ricksfiona
05-01-2003, 10:19 AM
Neener neener. I'm got my "X-Men United" ticket for Friday morning @ 10:30am. Anyone got an earlier ticket?

Abba Zabba
05-01-2003, 10:37 AM
No I have no ticket yet. But paln on seeing the frist movie time that comes out on Friday. Since I work nights I can see the matinae while all the people and tenne boppers are in school :twisted:

This is off topic but what about the Matrix.... ahhhhhh :shocked!: I can't wait until may 15 :rock on dude!:

Brad Adrian
05-01-2003, 01:08 PM
GEEK ALERT!!!!

Eitel
05-01-2003, 03:00 PM
Geeks? Here? Where?? :roll:

Crystal Eitle
05-01-2003, 03:12 PM
I can't wait to see X-Men. I'm not going to see the first show of the day (I have a day job), but I'm definitely going to see it Friday night with my friends.

I've never even read the comic books, but the first movie was SO FREAKIN' COOL, and the second one looks even cooler.

Jason Dunn
05-01-2003, 04:03 PM
I collected X-Men comic books for years, so this recent "comic books turn into movies" phenominon is like a dream come true for me. :mrgreen: I'll probably go check out the movie over the weekend, possibly next.

Jacob
05-01-2003, 04:37 PM
I LOVED the X-Men comics!! They were definitely my favorite!

I am definitely going to see it, but I won't go this weekend just because I don't like to wait in line for 2hrs to see a 1.5 hour movie - it's not that important to me to be one of the first 1000 people to see it.

ricksfiona
05-01-2003, 05:02 PM
I LOVED the X-Men comics!! They were definitely my favorite!

I am definitely going to see it, but I won't go this weekend just because I don't like to wait in line for 2hrs to see a 1.5 hour movie - it's not that important to me to be one of the first 1000 people to see it.
Yeah, the weekend is going to be a zoo to see the movie. I'm lucky enough that my work schedule allows me to take the morning off and see the movie. I've been good, I deserve it :lol:

Abba Zabba
05-02-2003, 06:36 AM
[quote="spacewaitress"]I can't wait to see X-Men. I'm not going to see the first show of the day (I have a day job) quote]

Are we trying to imply something :wink:

Crystal Eitle
05-02-2003, 07:06 AM
I can't wait to see X-Men. I'm not going to see the first show of the day (I have a day job)

Are we trying to imply something :wink:

No! Not at all!

(Besides, I snuck out of the office this afternoon to go buy advance tickets. Shhhh!)

Abba Zabba
05-02-2003, 08:11 AM
No worries. It's our secret :wink:

ricksfiona
05-04-2003, 01:55 AM
Cool special effects, cool new characters, some cool scenes. But "X-Men United" suffers from "Sequel Syndrome". They try to do too much in this movie.... Not giving all the little stories and new characters enough time to know who they are and why they are.

In my opinion, not as good as the first, but definitely worthy of full price at the box office.

Favorite character: Night Crawler
Favorite scene: Wolverine and Mystique in the forest!

Jacob
05-04-2003, 02:22 AM
I actually ended up seeing the 12:30AM showing last night with a friend on a whim (no line ups that late).

I thought it was better than the first one - thought it was all round just more interesting :D

CESkins
05-04-2003, 03:40 AM
My wife and I saw it today (Saturday 1st showing) and both agreed that it was better than the 1st. Now the wait begins for it to come out on DVD. The ending clearly left room for a followup movie...can anyone say Phoenix/Dark Phoenix...Jason as an X-Men comic book fan should know exactly what/who I am talking about. :)

Jacob
05-04-2003, 03:47 AM
can anyone say Phoenix/Dark Phoenix...Jason as an X-Men comic book fan should know exactly what/who I am talking about. :)

I thought the exact same thing... be careful though, you don't want to ruin the movie for all who haven't seen it :)

ricksfiona
05-04-2003, 03:55 AM
can anyone say Phoenix/Dark Phoenix...Jason as an X-Men comic book fan should know exactly what/who I am talking about. :)

I thought the exact same thing... be careful though, you don't want to ruin the movie for all who haven't seen it :)
I just did a search on this at Marvel comics. It would be a TOTALLY cool story if they focus on Phoenix in the next movie.

Don't Panic!
05-05-2003, 02:18 PM
The X-Men win. There I said it.

Don't Panic!
Bobby

CESkins
05-05-2003, 05:27 PM
The X-Men win. There I said it.

Don't Panic!
Bobby

...Ahhhh shucks...now it's spoiled for me :( ...and here I was thinking the X-Men would lose this time...wait a sec...what am I saying...I have already seen it ;) Hey Bobby can you freeze coffee with your breath or is that only in the movies? :)

Crystal Eitle
05-05-2003, 07:25 PM
I saw it! It was awesome!!!

I really liked what they did with Magneto's character. He seemed kind of ambiguous, like he was going to join up with Xavier and become one of the good guys (hence X-Men United?).

Ambiguity and surprise in movies are a good thing, especially in an "action" movie like this one.

My favorite characters were Nightcrawler and Mystique. The effects for Nightcrawler were so cool!

I definitely want to read some of the X-Men comics now. (I'm not a total stranger to comics, but just never got around to reading the X-Men.) Can anyone recommend a good starting point?

Don't Panic!
05-05-2003, 07:31 PM
www.marvel.com. I don't think it will work with a Pocket PC though. :(

Don't Panic!
Bobby

Crystal Eitle
05-05-2003, 07:33 PM
Thanks!

I was thinking more in terms of recommending particular books (collections) that would be a good starting point. I suspect there's a lot of X-Men stuff out there, and I wouldn't know where to begin.

Jacob
05-05-2003, 07:41 PM
Thanks!

I was thinking more in terms of recommending particular books (collections) that would be a good starting point. I suspect there's a lot of X-Men stuff out there, and I wouldn't know where to begin.

Find a local comic book store - they do have a series called "The essential X-Men" which just contains all the comic books from a given range. This would be a good chunk of comic book reading - but I was thinking of getting them just so I could flip through them when I felt like it.

The X-Men were by far my favorite comic book.

ricksfiona
05-09-2003, 08:16 AM
Thanks!

Find a local comic book store - they do have a series called "The essential X-Men" which just contains all the comic books from a given range. This would be a good chunk of comic book reading - but I was thinking of getting them just so I could flip through them when I felt like it.

The X-Men were by far my favorite comic book.
It's all about IronMan!

ghostppc
05-13-2003, 05:06 PM
My wife and I saw it today (Saturday 1st showing) and both agreed that it was better than the 1st. Now the wait begins for it to come out on DVD. The ending clearly left room for a followup movie...can anyone say Phoenix/Dark Phoenix...Jason as an X-Men comic book fan should know exactly what/who I am talking about. :)

Arrgggh! It pissed me off when that happend, but I was thinking the same exact thing when I saw it. :onfire: I don't think it should all be Phoenix though, that would be kind of weak. And yes, I was drooling over having to wait until Christmas to get the DVD :shocked!: I am a huge X-men fan. But I agree, better than the first, maybe everyone didn't get their five minutes but the action kept a good momentum! Now the loooooong wait for X3!

CESkins
05-13-2003, 05:37 PM
But I agree, better than the first, maybe everyone didn't get their five minutes but the action kept a good momentum!
They definitely allowed Wolvie to cut loose in this movie and I loved that. Hope to see more of that in future episodes from some of the other characters. :)

Jacob
05-13-2003, 05:53 PM
I really hope they give Colossus a bigger role - he rules!! :D I also really liked the way they did the effects for him.