View Full Version : Size of Extended Battery? for 740/750/755

Parker7
05-01-2003, 04:17 AM
I have been trying to find out what the mAh rating is for the High Capacity Battery that sells for around $100 - 130 for the 740/750/755

I have visited several sites that sell the battery -- but no one seems to post the aMh capacity?

Can anyone shed some light on this.

yvilla
05-01-2003, 12:56 PM
I'm almost positive I read somewhere recently that it was 3000 mAh, but I can't find the link to verify that for you.

Parker7
05-02-2003, 03:15 AM
I'm almost positive I read somewhere recently that it was 3000 mAh, but I can't find the link to verify that for you.

Thanks, I ordered the 750 from CompUSA today. Will be getting the battery in a couple of weeks.

yvilla
05-02-2003, 03:25 AM
Thanks, I ordered the 750 from CompUSA today. Will be getting the battery in a couple of weeks.

Please post again when you get it. I have the e750 (love it!), but am on the fence about the extended battery because of the extra thickness. I'd like to hear what you think about how it impacts the "feel" of your device.

journey
05-07-2003, 02:49 AM
Have any of you seen where to buy an extra battery? I have a e755 on order, so I was looking to get an extra battery. The one I have seen so far is in one of Toshiba's option packs.

Thanks

yvilla
05-07-2003, 06:12 AM
Have any of you seen where to buy an extra battery? I have a e755 on order, so I was looking to get an extra battery. The one I have seen so far is in one of Toshiba's option packs.

Thanks

I ordered one from Amazon. Slightly cheaper than direct from Toshiba's site.

newst
05-07-2003, 03:20 PM
I have been using the extended battery since I first bought an E-740 and have now transferred it to my E-750.

While not entirely accurate, for all practical purposes to me as a user the extended battery essentially doubles the size and weight of the package over an E-740/750 without it.

At that, however, it still doesn't feel like a brick like my old Casio E-125 did. In fact I find that the unit with the extended battery feels better in my hand. The weight and balance is transferred from my fingers wrapped around the edges of the unit to my palm, where is sits securely and comfortably.

Advantages of the extended battery:

1. According to the battery meter in Pocket Backup a full charge will give me better than 16 hours of operation (this is with a 1gb CF card and a 256mb SD card).

2. With the extended battery I can use the Sprint 2301 CF wireless modem to access the internet without the add-on battery attached (less weight dangling of the back of the PDA and fewer things to carry around when mobile). Of course battery consumption quadruples, but with 16 hours available it is manageable.

3. With the extended battery I can run an Iomega USB powered ZIP drive from the PDA.

If you use the E-740/750 as a power tool, or are away from recharging sources for extended periods of time, I would recommend purchasing an extended battery.