View Full Version : Acer n10 Reviewed by infoSync World

Jason Dunn
04-30-2003, 06:48 PM
<div class='os_post_top_link'><a href='http://www.infosyncworld.com/reviews/n/3494.html' target='_blank'>http://www.infosyncworld.com/reviews/n/3494.html</a><br /><br /></div>"In the current Pocket PC market, it's hard for a manufacturer to make a dent anywhere. Since Dell's arrival at the low end of the market, competitors are finding it difficult to match the Axim's features at an acceptable price point. At the other end of the spectrum, Toshiba and HP hold down the fort with their feature-laden handhelds. Laptop heavyweight Acer have pitched their new n10 in the budget realm, in competition with Dell. Let's see how things stack up..."

Foo Fighter
04-30-2003, 07:00 PM
Wonder if this device will ever reach North America?

Sslixtis
04-30-2003, 07:16 PM
Wonder if this device will ever reach North America?

Can't say as I really care. SD card sticks out about 1 mm, now that is something I'd want, built-in battery, thought everyone was finally learning that wasn't a "good thing". IrDA is on the side, why? Bad sound, even with headphones! Only 59Mb of RAM actually user useable.
:twak:

On the plus side. They have a jog dial and it is at the top left side with the SD card on the lower left side. The battery even though built-in is 1500mAh. It does sport a Transflective display and the PXA255 even though it is only 300Mhz. They got rid of the Memory Stick and replaced it with SD. And it does have a sleek look.
:sunny:

All in all though just too many Cons for me. Guess the wait for the HP iPaq 2200 will continue, although I'm getting awfully tempted to pick up a Toshiba e755 while I wait! :?

Must...Have...New...PPC...Must...Have...New...PPC
Well it has been 6 months! :mecry:

mscdex
04-30-2003, 09:37 PM
Hmmm... the button placement reminds me of a Loox. :)

Foo Fighter
04-30-2003, 09:53 PM
Too bad the case is plastic. I'd really like to see more metal cases being used. God I miss the Jornada 540 design. :cry:

Abba Zabba
05-01-2003, 09:27 AM
Too bad the case is plastic. I'd really like to see more metal cases being used. God I miss the Jornada 540 design. :cry:

I hear ya Foo. I really wish some OEM *cough cough hp* comes out with an aluminum iPaq. I think that would be one solid device, literally :D

Janak Parekh
05-01-2003, 01:53 PM
Perhaps, but did you try to carry one in your pocket? Certainly doable, but it was quite heavy. I guess some people prefer that solid feel... :)

--janak