View Full Version : Deactivating Microsoft Products

pjtrader
04-30-2003, 02:17 PM
A few weeks ago Jason (I think) bemoaned a situation where he was trying to install software to a new computer (???) and hadn't deactivated a MS product before trying to install it on another computer. Or, that's what I remember the sitaution to be.

I need to do something similar with a copy of FrontPage 2002 and use my office computer instead of my laptop as my backup copy. Since I forgot the situation above, I have about 49 more opportunities to us FP on my office computer before it deactivates. But I haven't managed to stumble across anything in Microsoft's website or anywhere on the web that tells you how to deactivate the product on one computer so you can move it to another.

Anyone have some sage advice?

Thanks,
Pam

Steven Cedrone
04-30-2003, 02:55 PM
Call Microsoft. Speak to someone, explain what you are trying to do. I don't think you will have any problems...

Steve

pjtrader
04-30-2003, 03:44 PM
Call Microsoft. Speak to someone, explain what you are trying to do. I don't think you will have any problems...

Steve

Except maybe the part about "speaking to someone"? :lol:

Thanks,
Pam

Janak Parekh
04-30-2003, 04:01 PM
Except maybe the part about "speaking to someone"? :lol:
Nah, the activation hotline is staffed with very competent people who should be able to answer your question almost immediately.

--janak