View Full Version : Activesync emial inbox question

Kiwi_in_tok
04-30-2003, 03:31 AM
I have setup my inbox configuration to copy message from the last 5 days. This seemed to happen fine the first time however I find that all my messages stay on my PDA, I really only wanted to keep the last 5 days.

I now have around 2 weeks of messages on the PDA however I notice if I delete the older ones they are also deleted on my PC, something I wish to avoid.

Have I misunderstood the 5 day time limit as being just a once off setting?

Is there any program that will update the PDA with a "moving window" type of option?

Any help appreciated :(

Thanks

Gareth

Paul Martin
05-03-2003, 02:44 AM
I have setup my inbox configuration to copy message from the last 5 days. This seemed to happen fine the first time however I find that all my messages stay on my PDA, I really only wanted to keep the last 5 days.

I now have around 2 weeks of messages on the PDA however I notice if I delete the older ones they are also deleted on my PC, something I wish to avoid.

Have I misunderstood the 5 day time limit as being just a once off setting?

Is there any program that will update the PDA with a "moving window" type of option?

Any help appreciated :(

Thanks

Gareth

Gareth,

Having asked the same question in other places, it seems that Activesync hickups when you sync with 2 computers. Those e-mails will stay on your PPC until you delete them. I also found that even if I deleted an e-mail from the inbox on the PC, it stayed on the PPC inbox until I emptied the trash. Very frustrating!

Paul