View Full Version : Evb and emulators

devguy
04-29-2003, 08:01 PM
I recently downloaded a copy of evb. I created a small app and ran it throught the emulator. Before I compile to the target device, I need to send it to some to review. Is it possible to compile to the emulator and send it to someone to look at?

Ralph

lurch
04-30-2003, 08:01 PM
Assuming it doesn't reference any special extras (like database objects, etc) you should be able to send them the ".vb" file it creates, and they should be able to run it. If it needs more than that (extra dlls and stuff) you'll have to create the installer, which you can do from within eVB.

devguy
05-01-2003, 04:24 PM
I'm not sure how that work? I did not see a compile option that let me choose the emulator to compile to. The person I'm send this to, does not have EVB or the SDK on their desktop.

The question remains, how do you send an EVB App to someone to look at or run?

AngelPR
10-04-2003, 01:04 AM
I'm not sure how that work? I did not see a compile option that let me choose the emulator to compile to. The person I'm send this to, does not have EVB or the SDK on their desktop.

The question remains, how do you send an EVB App to someone to look at or run?

You must compile the software then make a Installation package in eVB.

To compile a program

File, Make Name of Application

To make an Installation Package

Tools, Remote Tools, Application Install wizard

Follow the steps to make an application setup

To syncronize with the emulator you must have 2 serial ports and a null modem cable where the activesync will be configured for one port and the emulator will be configured in another port.

Follow the steps described in the help menu from eVB 3.00 "Using ActiveSync with the Emulator"

then you can install your package in the emulator.

AngelPR