View Full Version : Problems with touch screen accuracy driving me MAD!

MikeKey
04-29-2003, 11:16 AM
I'm getting really hacked off with my Loox and wondering if I should send it in for a warranty repair.

The screen tracks my stylus taps so inaccurately now that I can't properly use the letter recogniser, and using scrollbars, etc. is a real pain. It doesn't matter how many times I recalibrate the screen either. This is the same with or without screen protection.

The worst affected is a patch about 3/4in up from the bottom of the screen, just to the right of the center. If I place the stylus on the screen, as if to start a letter or just to tap for a . or something, the Loox draws a line, from the left, across to the point where I tap. The line is anything from 2 to 5mm long which is just great when I'm trying to write! I keep ending up with letters when I try to write punctuation or delete characters, VERY frustrating. :evil:

It's also really difficult trying to use scroll bars and sometimes even the start menu, anything near the edges of the screen.

Has anyone else had this problem or know if there's a way to cure it without sending my Loox back?

Thanks,

Mike

Steven Cedrone
04-29-2003, 04:22 PM
I'm getting really hacked off with my Loox and wondering if I should send it in for a warranty repair.

The screen tracks my stylus taps so inaccurately now that I can't properly use the letter recogniser, and using scrollbars, etc. is a real pain. It doesn't matter how many times I recalibrate the screen either. This is the same with or without screen protection.

The worst affected is a patch about 3/4in up from the bottom of the screen, just to the right of the center. If I place the stylus on the screen, as if to start a letter or just to tap for a . or something, the Loox draws a line, from the left, across to the point where I tap. The line is anything from 2 to 5mm long which is just great when I'm trying to write! I keep ending up with letters when I try to write punctuation or delete characters, VERY frustrating. :evil:

It's also really difficult trying to use scroll bars and sometimes even the start menu, anything near the edges of the screen.

Has anyone else had this problem or know if there's a way to cure it without sending my Loox back?

Thanks,

Mike

If your back is against the wall: save your data (full backup) and try a hard reset...

Steve

MikeKey
04-29-2003, 05:12 PM
Doh! Tried that a couple of weeks ago, (although for a different reason), but it made 0 difference... :(

Any other ideas?

Mike

Steven Cedrone
04-29-2003, 05:22 PM
Sounds like it's time to make that call that you clearly don't want to make... :cry:

One other thing: take a look at this page (http://solution.fujitsu-siemens.com/PDA/Pocket_LOOX_www/GB/SoftwareUpdate.htm), are you up to date with your software?

Steve

stefab
07-10-2003, 10:54 PM
Had that problem 2 a couple of months ago or 3.

In fact, and although I could not see it, I could feel the screen surface was kind of damaged as the pen was sliding/holding back differently on the down left area of the screen (where you usually write letters with the blockrecognizer).

I did in fact send my loox in for warranty repair and didn't have any problems since I got it back.

dMores
07-15-2003, 02:38 PM
the fact that a line is drawn from the left to where you tap the screen suggests that there is something pressing against the digitizer on the left edge of the screen. maybe there's some dirt caught in there.