View Full Version : Why hasn't anyone come up with this product

juan_chiriboga
04-29-2003, 05:04 AM
Am I the only one that wants a bluetooth keyboard for my PDA????
at least it makes perfect sense to me....
any thoughts???

Sven Johannsen
04-29-2003, 05:19 AM
Am I the only one that wants a bluetooth keyboard for my PDA????

No. As for the title question, maybe it is a marketing decision based on the fact, or belief, that there aren't enough BT enabled devices out there yet to make a business case.

jimski
04-29-2003, 06:26 AM
I have been waiting for a Bluetooth keyboard as well. Belkin published an article in 2000 announcing the introduction of new Bluetooth peripherals in the near future. At the time I thought it was awfully smart for a cable centered company to be diving into Bluetooth.

Now after almost two years what do we have, besides Bluetooth PDA's and cell phones. One Microsoft keyboard solution (for XP Professional only) and a promised keyboard from Asia (I have been checking that site for more than a year).

Why aren't ALL desktops, laptops and PDA's being equip with Bluetooth built-in? Where are the Bluetooth printers? Keyboards? Mice? Etc? I really dislike it when manufacturers hold back readily available technology.

Sorry for the rant, :devilboy: but you hit one of my buttons. I just hope that I live long enough to see that long aisle at Staples, currently filled with cables (only about 10% of the hundreds of different configurations), replaced with cool new gadgets, like recharging power pads.

Who needs wire!!!

Abba Zabba
04-29-2003, 07:47 AM
I have been waiting for a Bluetooth keyboard as well...

Who needs wire!!!

I have to fully agree :evil: . I recently saw that there is a IR Stoway available on the market.

What would be really nice is to have obviously, a BT keyboard and make it look like the new keyboard for the palms. :D

Stephen Beesley
04-29-2003, 02:29 PM
I know that the majority of PPCs do not have bluetooth built in (might that change in the future?), but it would certainly make a lot of sense in my view. I am pretty impressed with the look of the Pocketop IR keyboard and as soon as I decide on my next PDA purchase I think I will be getting myself one of them (I particularly like the landscape support - the one thing I do not like about my current Stowaway). It does, however, look a bit fiddly with the mirror and all - isn't this just the sort of thing that bluetooth is meant to solve?

Goldtee

yschang
04-29-2003, 02:50 PM
This situation may change actually...
I don't know about elsewhere, but in Taiwan at the moment, there are quite a lot of USB bluetooth modules (around US$40) in the market to equipe one's computer.
I actually planning to buy couple of them to play with.
I do actually like the ideas of BT keyboard and mouse and I think with the trend in Taiwan, they may actually be out soon...
I did find cordless mouse and keyboard which uses RF instead of IR...
A4Tech (http://www.a4tech.com.tw/a4techenglish/index.html?select1=2)

Stephen Beesley
04-29-2003, 04:08 PM
Well if BlueTooth is going to finally get off the ground it would be another reason for me to hold off on my next PPC purchase until I can afford an Ipaq 5455.

I do not have any experience with bluetooth devices up to now but the idea really appeals to me.

Goldtee

kfluet
05-01-2003, 03:48 PM
Check out this (http://www.pocketpcthoughts.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=11359&highlight=) thread.