View Full Version : need a new pocket pc housing HELP!!!

vybe23
04-28-2003, 05:40 AM
Hey guys...well ive managed to drop my pocket pc phone a few times now (ARGGGGG) and have dented up the housing pretty good now...and some of the paint is just plain ol wearin off....

I did see someone on ebay a while back selling just the housing alone so you could just replace the shell for like 30usd. Didnt buy it then, i guess i should have...anyone know anyplace that sells just the pocket pc housing?? Would love to get one, and replace mine, would be just like new again....

hopefully this exists, and i can buy it, please let me know if you can help.

feel free to send responses to [email protected]

regards.

vybe23
04-29-2003, 04:07 AM
anyone know anything about this?!??!!?

maybe i should start manufacturing replacement housing in different colors and make a few bucks.

vybe23
05-09-2003, 05:04 AM
anyone????

griph
05-19-2003, 12:00 AM
anyone????

It looks like no! I can only suggest that you contact your provider and ask them - its obviously not a warranty situation - but it should be possible to get it fixed throuh them - can't imagine it will be cheap though!.

I have just had a look at the XDA-Developers.com web site - there is a 'Do you want to get spare parts' thread at http://xda-developers.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=955. It appeared to get nasty and there was no solution. Have you tried searching the web?

I know this might not help much, but it is worth thinking for the future. I once dropped a Palm V and broke the screen - it only had a leather loose screen cover - it was only a week old. After that I always used a complete cover - I use the Vaja iVolution - expensive - but the XDA still looks brand new. I would seriously recommend that when you do get it fixed - you invest in a decent case.

Sorry I cant help further. Perhaps someone else may?