View Full Version : Movies

jerryb
04-28-2003, 02:09 AM
Does anyone know where I can get some free movies for my PPC?

JB

spursdude
04-28-2003, 02:14 AM
What nearly all people do is either rip their own DVD into video files, OR get the movies illegally off a P2P service like Kazaa and then reencode the files correctly.

I don't think you'll find many free video files out their specially encoded for the Pocket PC.

dh
04-28-2003, 02:31 AM
Making the movies yourself is one of the fun things of PPC if you ask me.
It's quite an achievement when you follow all the steps and the movie plays perfectly.

The PPC is great for watching movies in bed when you don't want to disturb your other half. This applies to reading as well.

By the way, ripping any copyrighted DVD is basically illegal even if you own the DVD. Crazy law since it's OK to copy your CDs for your own use. I personally take the view that since I produce a very limited number of PPC versions of my own DVDs and don't share them, I don't feel too guilty about it.

If you decide to make your own movies for your PPC, check out the step by step guide at www.pocketmatrix.com

jornadaholic
04-28-2003, 06:03 AM
Making the movies yourself is one of the fun things of PPC if you ask me.
It's quite an achievement when you follow all the steps and the movie plays perfectly.

yup and then theres the joy of showing them off to friends and getting that wow howd u do that out of them