View Full Version : Where did my memory go??

ERJRy
04-27-2003, 05:48 PM
After installing A03 I was back to a bare-bones Axim. I've only had for a few weeks so I didn't backup any data. Instead I figured, I would just replace the few apps I used daily. I've managed to put 90% of stuff on SD Card, thus keeping as much internal free space as possible.

Here's my question.

Before installing an app last night I glimpsed at used space. It read .63. So I then installed a game to SD card successfully and cut/pasted the two files that the installer put on internal memory (one in windows, the other in appmgr). When it was all said and done, i checked the memory again and it now says I'm using .93 K of space. What's taking up that room? Any ideas? I know it's tacky to point out such a small amount of internal space, but I plan on installing a lot more apps. Just curious. Thanks!

Sslixtis
04-27-2003, 06:35 PM
At a guess I would say it was the links you copied over. On my PPC my .lnk files range in size from 33 bytes to 75 bytes each. Averaging around 50 bytes. :wink:

davidspalding
04-27-2003, 07:22 PM
Do a Google search for WIMR? -- I think 1.1 is the latest version. It is a very nifty freeware app to help you find out how much space is being used in which folders.

(WIMR stands for ... drum roll please ... Where Is My Ram? ;) )

ethancaine
04-28-2003, 01:38 AM
I'm not exactly sure how PPC 2002 programming goes, but it could be that the game modified (added to) a couple files. 30k is a tiny amount of space and could easily be used in that manner.

Sslixtis
04-28-2003, 01:56 AM
30k is a tiny amount of space and could easily be used in that manner.

Yeah, but if you look at the post again you'll notice it's actually .3k he's talking about not 30k! It went from .63k to .93k, LOL. 8O

ERJRy
04-28-2003, 08:03 PM
Ss is right.

It's about 300 k worth of data. That's what got my attention. FYI, the app I installed was Pocket Streets 2002, which is pretty small to begin with.