View Full Version : O2 XDA - Occasional triangle sign - Any idea what this is?

k_kirk
04-27-2003, 05:42 AM
Hi, I hope someone can help with this one. Thanks in advance. Occasionally a triangle sign is appearing next to my reception indicator (antenna sign). If I happen to be in the phone application then the sign appears at the upper right hand corner opposite the text that reads "Last call:". I have not been able to find the meaning of this sign in the O2 manual. Does anyone know what this tells me?
Regards

Cortex
04-29-2003, 09:27 PM
excellent question...

but i have no idea

it seems to be related to roaming but then i also get a different icon that is a square with a 'G' in it that i also think is related to roaming....

k_kirk
04-30-2003, 05:17 AM
I have seen the G in a square as well and always assumed this was related GRPS coverage. I typically see it when the phone is reset and it is acquiring a network.

The triangle is annoying me though because when the phone is set to silent but vibrate mode the triangle makes it vibrate. This tells me its an alert of some sort but not sure what it is. Thanks for your reply.

onepieceman
05-03-2003, 10:21 PM
I believe it just means you have registered with a "non-home" network. Does this only happen when you travel?

k_kirk
05-04-2003, 01:17 PM
Thanks. I got similar feedback on the xda-developers.com. This actually happens each time my phone roams to the GSM1800 network from the same company where I am registered for GSM900.

moog999
05-06-2003, 09:30 PM
You are right it is the roaming signal. It will appear whenever you are not connected to your 'home' network :D