View Full Version : Ulead DVD PictureShow Software for Free

Jason Dunn
04-25-2003, 06:16 AM
<div class='os_post_top_link'><a href='http://www.asiapac.ulead.com/aboutulead/event/subscribe/runme.htm' target='_blank'>http://www.asiapac.ulead.com/aboutu...cribe/runme.htm</a><br /><br /></div>Way off topic, but everyone likes free software, and this free software is actually very cool! All you need to do is subscribe to the Ulead newsletter. It says it's limited to people in the Asia Pacfic area, but I filled out the form and got the software anyway - it is the "World Wide Web" after all. :wink: <br /><br />"What does Ulead DVD PictureShow do? It easily creates multiple DVD slideshows. Pick and organize images and compose entertaining shows, complete with audio, custom backgrounds. Then transfer finished photo shows to VCD or DVD format with your own burner-no extra software required. Share slide disks on TV via home DVD players, or play back on your computer. "

3xistenz
04-25-2003, 06:29 AM
Cool freeware! :D

Maybe the reason why they specify the region is because of the DVD region thingy?

Jason Dunn
04-25-2003, 06:33 AM
Maybe the reason why they specify the region is because of the DVD region thingy?

Nope, I installed it and checked - you can specify your own region and NTSC. The biggest reason why it's free is that it's version 1.0 of the software - they are selling a newer version. But this version is still very cool. :way to go:

Skoobouy
04-25-2003, 07:35 AM
Question: will this successfully make screen captures of my DVDs? I've tried lots of free software that claimed to do that and it fails every time. I'm using a GeForce4 MX420 PCI on a Windows MX machine.

dean_shan
04-25-2003, 09:00 AM
Question: will this successfully make screen captures of my DVDs?

Just use PowerDVD. It's not free but it's the best DVD player out there.

GoldKey
04-25-2003, 12:47 PM
Do you enter your actual country, or use one of the eligible ones? I put US got the screen that it had been sent, but I did not get an e-mail.

Ken Mattern
04-25-2003, 01:50 PM
Do you enter your actual country, or use one of the eligible ones? I put US got the screen that it had been sent, but I did not get an e-mail.

I got the email in about two minutes. In fact I'm downloading the software right now.

I entered my actual country and real street address.

Kevin Remhof
04-25-2003, 02:45 PM
I downloaded the demo of DVD PictureShow a while ago and bought the software almost immediately. I was amazed at how easy it was to use!

&lt;RANT>
But, then the problems started. I uninstalled a trial version of Nero. From that point on, I could not run DVD PictureShow under Windows 98. After working with their tech support for over a month, I got a partial refund of the purchase price (minus a restocking fee for the downloaded software). Yuck.

I did figure out what happened though. DVD PictureShow has a flaky ASPI driver for burning CDs. It won't install if you already have another driver. The only solution I found was to reinstall the trial of Nero and leave it installed.

It burns me up that Ulead makes really nice software but has lousy tech support. It's like they don't really care about their users. Plus, it takes forever to get a hold of anyone there.
&lt;/RANT>

I'm a bit surprised at home much they want to upgrade to version 2 though. $30 for the downloaded version. That's all I paid for version 1.

I still love what this program does though. I'm always shocked at how easy and fast it is to burn a VCD. I haven't tried it under Windows XP yet but I think I will now that I have this "new" licensed version.

GoldKey
04-25-2003, 07:08 PM

I got the email in about two minutes. In fact I'm downloading the software right now.

I entered my actual country and real street address.

I got it, it just took awhile.

pro_worm
04-25-2003, 11:14 PM
From now on, I am Yen Chong at 12th Ave S in Seoul. And I work in a corporation with over 1000 people, so don't mess with me :)
Or at least that's what Ulead thinks.

GoldKey
04-25-2003, 11:45 PM
Been having problems trying to use this. Any help would be appreciated. I can create the show, I get to the point where I have the virtual remote to preview the show and hit next and the program just stops. Task manager shows the program as doing nothing, but I can't stop it only a shutdown will make it go away. Running XP, Pent 4 1.6 Ghz, 512 MB Ram.

Thanks

GoldKey
04-26-2003, 03:09 AM
Been having problems trying to use this. Any help would be appreciated. I can create the show, I get to the point where I have the virtual remote to preview the show and hit next and the program just stops. Task manager shows the program as doing nothing, but I can't stop it only a shutdown will make it go away. Running XP, Pent 4 1.6 Ghz, 512 MB Ram.

Thanks

Solved it myself. Their on-line tech support was pretty easy to navigate. They had the exact problem listed in their support areas and it simply involved downloading an updated dll for their program. Worked flawlessly from there.

This is a great program, super intuitive.