View Full Version : V35 on all night in cradle

jhiken
04-25-2003, 02:03 AM
When I place my V35 in the cradle at night, it syncs automatically and updates all processes including AvantGo which I use. However, the screen never turns off over the entire night! This seems like a problem but Viewsonic support had no idea whether this should or should not be happening nor whether it was a bad idea. Any advice or comment?

pocketpcdude1024
04-25-2003, 03:11 AM
The Activesync program is designed to identify itself to the system as always running, since you don't want your Pocket PC to turn off in the middle of syncing. However, this means that whenever you think you're done syncing, Activesync is still running on your Pocket PC (hence "Active") and thus, even if it isn't doing anything, will cause your Pocket PC to remain on. One solution is to manually push the power button after the sync. The other is to end the connection either on your Pocket PC or computer. Once this is done, your Pocket PC will eventually turn off. :wink: I hope this helps!

Janak Parekh
04-25-2003, 03:12 AM
One other alternative suggestion is to change the behavior of the backlight in the Control Panel - so while the screen might be on, the backlight would go off, which isn't too bad and shouldn't wear out your screen too fast.

--janak

Jason Dunn
04-25-2003, 06:52 AM
Yeah, go into the power options in the control panel and change the backlight settings to turn it off after "x" minutes on external power.