View Full Version : You're favorite cartoons (Present and Past)

JackTheTripper
04-24-2003, 12:26 AM
Re: http://www.pocketpcthoughts.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=5727&start=160

We all know we're all kids at heart. What are/were your favorite cartoons?

On weekends, my wife and I may watch any of the following...

Invader Zim
Fairly Odd Parents
Sponge Bob Square Pants
Animaniacs
Angry Beavers
Ren and Stimpy
Rocko's Modern Life
Pinky and the Brain
Freakazoid (Not really on anymore)

When I was a kid I used to watch...

G.I. Joe
M.A.S.K.
Thunder Cats
Heman (Masters of the Universe)
Silver Hawks
Buggs Bunny and Friends
Doungeons and Dragons
Scoobie Doo
Flintstones
Teen Racer? (The kid that turns into a car)
Pack Man
Too many others to list....

Jacob
04-24-2003, 02:55 AM
Looney Tunes
G.I. Joe
Thunder Cats
He-man
Doungeons and Dragons
Barbapapa
Ren & Stimpy
The Simpsons

Unreal32
04-24-2003, 04:02 AM
Beavis and Butthead rule... they rule! :rock on dude!:

Also Angry Beavers, Justice League, Samurai Jack, SpaceGhost, and Johnny Bravo. And of course, the Grinch, and anything by Chuck Jones!

spursdude
04-24-2003, 04:31 AM
GI Joe
Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles!

targetdrone
04-24-2003, 10:24 AM
Animated:
Pinky & the Brain
Wyle Coyote
The Simpsons
The Smurfs

Comic Strip:
Calvin & Hobbes
Bloom County
The Far Side
Non-Sequitor
Bizarro

The only Japanimation I could ever stand is Speed Racer. (A friend of mine growing up was nicknamed Spritle, because he reminded us of Speed Racer's little brother. My friend grew up to become a cop who was shot in the line of duty, Doug Jacobs. I miss him, but smile when I think of that cartoon.)

ntractv
04-24-2003, 12:00 PM
Ed, Edd and Eddie
Johnny Bravo
The Simpsons
Looney Tunes

And the classics:

Bugs and Daffy
The Flintstones
Tom and Jerry

:mrgreen:

shawnc
04-24-2003, 12:00 PM
Comic Strip:
Doonesbury
The Boondocks
Dilbert
Peanuts

trachy
04-24-2003, 08:48 PM
Barbapapa

I'm not going insane after all! Everyone I mention this program to just looks at me like I dreamt it up.

trachy
04-24-2003, 08:54 PM
Living out in the middle of nowhere all we got was one channel. And on Saturday mornings on that channel I vividly remember waking up to Laff-Olympics (sp?). Anyone else remember that one? I also watched Superfriends and Looney Toons, which were awesome.

Seeing all the crap my daughter watches now (Digimon, Dragon Ball Z, etc) makes me long for the good old days.

Mark Kenepp
04-24-2003, 09:23 PM
Laff-Olymics :olympic:

What were the three teams?
and who were the captains of each team?

This is an enquiry, not a quiz. I don't remember myself.

Does anyone remember the Wacky Racers? and Stop that pigeon

Reminiscing about cartoons tugs at my heart strings :mecry:

JackTheTripper
04-24-2003, 11:05 PM
Ah yes. Dastardly and Mutley. And that house/car with the bat's. :lol:

Not quite a cartoon but how about the Electric Company? I LIVED for the Sider Man segments.

Kati Compton
04-25-2003, 01:59 AM
When I was a kid (no particular order):

He-Man
She-Ra
Transformers
Thundercats
Gi-Joe
Muppet Babies
Woody Woodpecker
Looney Toons / Bugs Bunny
Popeye
Tom & Jerry
Scooby-Doo
Inspector Gadget (I wanted Penny's book SO BAD)
The Real Ghostbusters
Flintstones
Jetsons

Anyone else notice that Silverhawks and Thundercats was basically the exact same cartoon? Or that the grandfather from the Cosby Show was one of the voice actors in them? Panthro in Thundercats. I don't remember the SilverHawks character names.

Other cartoons that I saw a few of when I was a kid (but didn't watch with any sort of regularity):

Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles
Mighty Mouse
Ghostbusters
Smurfs
SuperFriends
Fat Albert
Mask
Richie Rich
Voltron
Pole Position
Dungeons and Dragons
Go-Bots
Snorks
Pink Panther
Care Bear
Plastic Man
Punky Brewster cartoon
Jem (Truly Truly Outrageous :) )
Pac-Man
SilverHawks
Q-Bert

GoldKey
04-25-2003, 02:10 AM
Loved Dungeons and Dragons as a kid. In college really liked Simpsons, Tiny Toons, and Animaniacs. Now still like Simpsons, loved Futurama (RIP), and Family Guy (RIP).

Kati Compton
04-25-2003, 02:26 AM
Oh - the cartoons I liked "later in life" ;) These are in order of how much I like(d) them, from most to least.

Dr. Katz
Freakazoid (I wish I'd seen more of it! I didn't get to see much...)
The Critic
King of The Hill
Simpsons (haven't seen it in a while, though)
Tiny Toons (when I was in high school)
Animaniacs (here and there)

Janak Parekh
04-25-2003, 02:42 AM
When I was a kid (no particular order):
I think we both drew from the same cartoon pool. I agree with all of this first category, except Muppet Babies - never appealed to me. The rest are almost exactly head-on. Brings back memories of the half-broken TV that I had to keep on hitting...

Anyone else notice that Silverhawks and Thundercats was basically the exact same cartoon?
Oh, come on, Thundercats was much better. I don't even remember Silverhawks anymore. Maybe I didn't watch enough of the latter. :)

Other cartoons that I saw a few of when I was a kid (but didn't watch with any sort of regularity):
You ignored Mighty Mouse!? For shame. ;)

Fat Albert was one of the all-time greats.

I was so upset when the Pink Panther comic character wasn't used in the movies. :lol:

--janak

trachy
04-25-2003, 03:50 PM
Laff-Olymics :olympic:

What were the three teams?
and who were the captains of each team?

I did a little digging and found that the teams were the Yogi Yahooeys, Scoobie Doobies and the Really Rottens. I couldn't find out who the captains were, but you can see a roster here (http://www.geocities.com/Paris/Cafe/6121/laffalympics.html) and draw your own conclusions.

Kati Compton
04-25-2003, 06:43 PM
I think we both drew from the same cartoon pool. I agree with all of this first category, except Muppet Babies - never appealed to me.
I like parodies, so I liked the part where they were doing TV/movie parodies. The "plot" sections were inconsequential to me. ;)

I was so upset when the Pink Panther comic character wasn't used in the movies. :lol:

You too?!?!? I would see "Pink Panther" in the TV Guide and turn it on. Boy was I disappointed after the intro!

As for Thundercats vs. Silverhawks - yes, Thundercats was better. But they had the same characters but revamped and I think even the same voice actors, didn't they? Not sure which came first. If you search online, you should be able to find some outtakes from the voice acting for Thundercats.... Some are not for children, though.

I'm going to add that I'm disappointed that the Power Rangers I think at some point appropriated the Voltron robot...

EDIT - fixed quoting...as usual.

CTSLICK
04-25-2003, 06:48 PM
I can't believe I forgot to mention the short lived but ever so amusing cartoon "The Tick". Hysterical...best line ever..."Don't ever push the DON'T button"...well...I suppose you had to be there...but trust me it was funny.

rberry88
04-25-2003, 08:20 PM
How about Underdog, he had a cool show. And the Bozo Show (yes I'm from Chicago, IL) had cool cartoons of Rocky and Bullwinkle.

Question: What show/cartoon had Simon and Mr. Peabody with the Wayback Machine??? For the life of me I can't remember it.

rberry88 :mrgreen:

Video11
04-25-2003, 10:12 PM
How about Underdog, he had a cool show. And the Bozo Show (yes I'm from Chicago, IL) had cool cartoons of Rocky and Bullwinkle.

Question: What show/cartoon had Simon and Mr. Peabody with the Wayback Machine??? For the life of me I can't remember it.

rberry88 :mrgreen:

Mr. Peabody was a segment on....are you ready....The Rocky and Bullwinkle Show! :D

Steven Cedrone
04-25-2003, 11:37 PM
Does anybody remember "Fractured Fairy Tales" or "The Wacky Racers"???

Steve

Mark Kenepp
04-26-2003, 12:09 AM
Does anybody remember "Fractured Fairy Tales" or "The Wacky Racers"???

"Fractured Fairy Tales," wasn't that also part of the Rocky and Bullwinkle show?

"Wacky Racers," :way to go: Who can name all the participants?

Jack mentioned:
Dastardly and Mutley
... that house/car with the bat's. (the Adam's Family on wheels?)

There was Penelope Pittstop
The army guys
The gangsters (was it the Gashouse Gang?)
The hillbillies

There are more, I'm sure.

I actually found a link. (http://www.dfcom.freeserve.co.uk/hbw/wacky/charac.htm)

Steven Cedrone
04-26-2003, 12:21 AM
Who can name all the participants?

I had to cheat: :oops: :wink:

# 1 Boulder Mobile- Slag Brothers (Rock, Gravel)
# 2 Creepy Coup- Gruesome Twosome (Big, Lil)
# 3 Convert-a-Coup- Professor Pat Pending
# 4 Crimson Haybailer- Red Max
# 5 Compact Pussycat- Penelope Pitstop
# 6 Army Surplus Special- Sargent Blast, Private Meekly
# 7 Bullet-Proof Bomb- The Ant Hill Mob (Clyde, Ring-a-Ding, Willy, Danny, Kurby, Rug Bug, Benny, Mac)
# 8 Arkansas Chugabug- Lazy Luke, Blubber Bear
# 9 Turbo Terrific- Peter Perfect
# 10 Buzz Wagon- Rufus Ruffcut, Sawtooth
# 00 Mean Machine- Dick Dastardly, Muttley.

Steve